• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Strong was awful at Texas. I have no confidence he will do any better at USF. Strong's last game was a loss to a team that had like 20 conference losses or something awful. It was like our mcneese game, except it came at the end of his 3rd season. 

I'm with you here. He did have a great season at Louisville, ending with the bowl victory over Florida, but that was a semi-disaster at Texas. At the same time, I can understand why people want him here. Would probably recruit well. No doubt he would dramatically improve the defense. Gut feeling here though, Cristobal is the guy for the job. Supposed to be an outstanding recruiter, and has had some success at a program that was horrible before, and after he got there. A few years under Saban can't hurt either.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm with you here. He did have a great season at Louisville, ending with the bowl victory over Florida, but that was a semi-disaster at Texas. At the same time, I can understand why people want him here. Would probably recruit well. No doubt he would dramatically improve the defense. Gut feeling here though, Cristobal is the guy for the job. Supposed to be an outstanding recruiter, and has had some success at a program that was horrible before, and after he got there. A few years under Saban can't hurt either.

Texas defense ranked 95th this year, Strong's 3rd year.

If he could bring in Clint Hurtt who cheated at UofL for him to sign Bridgewater and the boys then yes he might be an option.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Hope its not Schiano.  My vote is Charlie Strong or Les Miles.  Need a splash hire

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Just now, Bull94 said:

Texas defense ranked 95th this year, Strong's 3rd year.

If he could bring in Clint Hurtt who cheated at UofL for him to sign Bridgewater and the boys then yes he might be an option.

Louisville's defense was good under Strong. Don't know why he couldn't get it done at Texas, but the job he did there is what's going to stick with some people. I wouldn't be excited by a Strong hire, but I don't see it being the disaster that was Skip Holtz. At the very least, he knows the area and would probably recruit well.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you really think our coach had anything to do with being left out of expansion??

Greatness didn't get Cincy in. They won 4 BE titles from 2008-2012

I believe that everyone on earth saw USF as a sleeping giant until Holtz came in and tore down the program bit by bit. We were at an all-time low when expansion was happening. Louisville was able to use their success to get in the ACC. WVU had sustained success and got into the B12.

No way to know for certain, but, USF had the national media's attention when Leavitt was here and I think it could have made a difference.

By the way, Rutgers was actually pretty decent when they got in. They should hire Schiano back (so we don't have to hear his name floated around here).

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

Jen Epstein on Fox 13 just said we were looking at Alabama Head Coach.......Lane Kiffin.:lmao:

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

13 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I still wonder if 1 play changed USF forever... When Matt Grothe got hurt, it set in motion a horrible chain of events that has us where we are today. I am convinced that if Grothe hadn't gotten hurt, CJL wouldn't have been under any pressure. We would have been nearly unstoppable in 2009. Louisville punt returns wouldn't have meant a thing. We were 6-3 going into that game and already out of conference contention. Even if the "event" happened, if we were having a great season, Leavitt wouldn't have been fired. He was on the verge of greatness here. Greatness would have gotten us in the conference expansions, we would be in a P5 with CJL still putting amazing defenses on the field.

No way.  Blowout losses to Pitt, Rutgers and Miami.  I loved The Jim, but that 2009 team underachieved even with the MG injury.  The NFL talent we had on defense was ridiculous.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

51 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That's funny. JK wants me to believe he has sources.

:lmao:

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Judy G email to Jim Leavitt just leaked, contains the following:

Edited by ForestBull
  • Upvote 2