• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Bowls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I'm surprised people seriously couldn't find things to do in Toronto. It's a vibrant, international city. My cousins live there and praise it constantly. 

I've been twice and loved it, but won't get caught dead there during the winter time. I went during the summer and it's awesome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

That list of bowl opponents is pathetic. That list of bowl tie-ins is terrible. What a dropoff from the Big East. We need leverage to improve this lot.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's hard to get bowls to commit when you're selling them the total package. The Belk Bowl or Music City bowl wants nothing to do with a game that could land them many of the AAC teams when they have the SEC, ACC, or Big 10 signed up

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

I think we got a more attractive matchup than our conference champs got.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I'm surprised people seriously couldn't find things to do in Toronto. It's a vibrant, international city. My cousins live there and praise it constantly. 

My favorite city in the world. Winter temps aren't going to be nice but it is awesome with everything anyone could want from a city.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

It's also hard to win the bowl games when our conference is constantly fielding interim coaches. Last year was Memphis, this year is already Houston and Temple. When your most talented coaches are being poached right before the bowl games it really decreases our chances of winning the games. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's also hard to win the bowl games when our conference is constantly fielding interim coaches. Last year was Memphis, this year is already Houston and Temple. When your most talented coaches are being poached right before the bowl games it really decreases our chances of winning the games. 

I agree ..... but winning meaningless bowl games aren't as much of a measurement as winning ooc games .... if they keep scheduling us.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I agree ..... but winning meaningless bowl games aren't as much of a measurement as winning ooc games .... if they keep scheduling us.

Big 12 has already implemented a new scheduling protocol that will decrease FCS and G5 games....this could be the beginning of the end. Illinois (2017, 2018) Georgia Tech (2018, 2019) Wisconsin (2019) and Texas (2020, 2022, 2024) are our only scheduled P5 games between now and 2025. We might end up being stuck with only one P5 game annually. If that is the case, look for us to change from scheduling any FCS teams instead going with 3 G5 OOC games per season (already the case in 2020).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Big 12 has already implemented a new scheduling protocol that will decrease FCS and G5 games....this could be the beginning of the end. Illinois (2017, 2018) Georgia Tech (2018, 2019) Wisconsin (2019) and Texas (2020, 2022, 2024) are our only scheduled P5 games between now and 2025. We might end up being stuck with only one P5 game annually. If that is the case, look for us to change from scheduling any FCS teams instead going with 3 G5 OOC games per season (already the case in 2020).

I hope G5 have the balls to  retaliate by not scheduling P5 schools in basketball...