• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Bowls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

I know the bowls kinf of stink but here we are:

Houston vs. SDSU in the Las Vegas bowl
Memphis vs. WKU in the Boca bowl
UCF vs. Arkansas State in the Cure Bowl

Tulsa vs. CMU in the Miami Beach bowl
Navy vs. LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl
USF vs. South Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl
Temple vs. Wake Forest in the Military Bowl

I highlighted in red the teams the AAC is playing are actually conference champions.  We will be up against the MWC, C-USA and SunBelt (shared title).

The AAC is favored in all but the WKU game but that is a toss up so if AAC can beat all these other conference champions and we beat out SEC opponent it might help the leagues reputation.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Just posted in the thread Brad created in the AAC Board but my prognostication is 5-2.

I think the AAC gets a win from Houston or Memphis, which I feel are the two toughest matchups for the conference. The other 5 games the AAC should be favored, but I feel we have a let down from someone.

Edited by Capital H

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, MMW said:

I know the bowls kinf of stink but here we are:

Houston vs. SDSU in the Las Vegas bowl
Memphis vs. WKU in the Boca bowl
UCF vs. Arkansas State in the Cure Bowl

Tulsa vs. CMU in the Miami Beach bowl
Navy vs. LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl
USF vs. South Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl
Temple vs. Wake Forest in the Military Bowl

I highlighted in red the teams the AAC is playing are actually conference champions.  We will be up against the MWC, C-USA and SunBelt (shared title).

The AAC is favored in all but the WKU game but that is a toss up so if AAC can beat all these other conference champions and we beat out SEC opponent it might help the leagues reputation.

If we are what we purport to be as a conference (best G5) we should sweep these games. We're certainly capable of it anyways.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

When the only 2 P5 opponents are Wake Forest and South Carolina anything short of a sweep should be a disappointment.

Maybe, but these are conference champions and they are not up against our conference champion, but our mid tier teams. I think is speaks to the strength of the conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2019 is the last year of the current bowl line up. Aresco needs to start working on this now to make the changes needed for 2020.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,752
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

2019 is the last year of the current bowl line up. Aresco needs to start working on this now to make the changes needed for 2020.

What sort of changes could we influence...other than games against P5 opponents? In looking at the entire bowl catalog, it just seems like there's a few too many fill-the-hours bowls to be relevant. I mean, the Dollar General Bowl pitting Ohio against Troy is probably marginally interesting to their alumni, but I don't see a lot of outside interest.

Just curious, what could Aresco do (clout wise)?  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

What sort of changes could we influence...other than games against P5 opponents? In looking at the entire bowl catalog, it just seems like there's a few too many fill-the-hours bowls to be relevant. I mean, the Dollar General Bowl pitting Ohio against Troy is probably marginally interesting to their alumni, but I don't see a lot of outside interest.

Chain himself naked to the Bristol gates until they relent?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

The only think he could probably do is the same thing he will do for networks. Talk about the competitiveness of the conference, tv numbers, etc.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, MMW said:

Maybe, but these are conference champions and they are not up against our conference champion, but our mid tier teams. I think is speaks to the strength of the conference.

What I'm saying is for the conference to get any respect playing 7 bowl games and only 2 6-6 P5 teams and 5 G5 we need to win every game. I know some of the matchups with G5 can be relatively even (see USF vs WKU last year) but from a perception standpoint we can't afford to lose to the other G5 conferences even if it is their conference champ.

• Upvote 1