• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Oregon is in  a much tougher position to come back to being a power. USC is on the way up, Washington is cruising. 

Yep, they have a ton of money, nice facilities, but like never before, they have competition. They made the most of what they had for the last several years. Willies job there would be exceedingly difficult, and IMO, he'll have better options.

Everyone has flashy helmets these days.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

If you really can't see the difference in your own "ridiculous" example, then I don't know what to tell you.  Maybe someone else will take the time to explain it to you.

Those were guys who helped their coach to be successful.  Flowers and Mack are helping their coach achieve success on a smaller scale, but don't act like the players get nothing out of it.

This is a dumb argument worth no more of my time and I regret giving it any attention at all.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

30 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It actually gets weirder if you click the link to CFB matrix. All I can say I can say is I hope Oregon's athletic brass thinks this way too.

Dave) – Darrell Hazell went 11-1 in a season after a 5-7 season, then Purdue hired him.  Just a single cautionary tale of a one hit season.  I know he’s done it twice, once at Western Kentucky and now with South Florida.  For Rob Mullens, hitting a 9+ win season in year four, with the 5th best talent profile in the conference, is not going to cut it.  I am amazed he made it to year four as the previous three year were all negative coach effect with an average of -3 games per year.  that is Muschamp territory. Even if I could insure very good coaching, the recruiting element is the concern in this hire.  The average USF class the last year is ranked 21.5% lower than the previous four years, including their two lowest ranked classes of the last 13 seasons.

co-wmu-usf-7-yr-recruiting-trends

(Adam) – Taggart is a hot name right now, but I wouldn’t have him on the list due to exactly what Dave illustrated above.  The recruiting at USF got a slight bump after Taggart was hired, but has since dropped sharply.  His recruiting impact is -4.9 while at USF and he only has two above average seasons all while having a +19.36 roster talent difference.  His scheme is also an awkward fit with Oregon’s roster.  Taggart would be a bad hire for Oregon.

This chart should be Exhibit #1 in a realignment lawsuit against Pitt, Cuse, and ESPN.

125 of 128 teams improved their standing in the last round - the three that regressed? USF, UConn, and Cincy

:(

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Those were guys who helped their coach to be successful.  Flowers and Mack are helping their coach achieve success on a smaller scale, but don't act like the players get nothing out of it.

This is a dumb argument worth no more of my time and I regret giving it any attention at all.

Agreed!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

He liked another tweet about him going to Oregon and I think it's unnerving our fans.

tweet below:

Oregon Football: Coaching Momentum On The Side Of Willie Taggart.. Related Articles: http://bit.ly/2gQxKR4

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Dream coaching scenario if CWT leaves:

Larry Scott - HC

Calvin Magee - OFC

Kevin Patrick - DFC

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

He liked another tweet about him going to Oregon and I think it's unnerving our fans.

tweet below:

Oregon Football: Coaching Momentum On The Side Of Willie Taggart.. Related Articles: http://bit.ly/2gQxKR4

I like to think he enjoys the fruit of his labor. Going from being on the hot seat to being the hot ticket!!! I would enjoy it too to be honest. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

All this has probably been said but I don't have time to run through all the responses, especially seeing what appears to be some poster infighting towards the end.

just remember, having your coach being coveted by other programs is a sign of success.

Nice to get the attention too-- and not worried about what we do if we need to replace him.

But for whatever reason-- CWT might have found his perfect job already. They have so many similarities. Leavitt was in a similar position for years and always talked about how much he loved living and coaching here. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Next year is shaping up to be special; gotta keep Tags one more year.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Dream coaching scenario if CWT leaves:

Larry Scott - HC

Calvin Magee - OFC

Kevin Patrick - DFC

That is a good list!