• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Raymond Woodie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You don't say?  Hence why I said I get we have higher expectations now.  6-2 with a chance to make the conference Championship. But hey let's just go ahead and throw in the towel. 

Who's talking about throwing in the towel?  We are talking about the defense being horse bleep.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

What's really troubling is they have not adjusted the defense for the team they're playing.  The personal they had on the field against temple was simply not physical enough in the front seven to stop the run.  It's the exact same situation that happened with FSU.  The defensive alignment leaves them over matched against physical teams.

It's clear that when this defense has teams in third and long or when they have to pass is when it's most effective. 

So why not adjust your defensive philosophy to stuff the run on first and second down and forced teams to adjust their offensive philosophy. I have confidence in the athletes we have in the secondary. 

They didn't even change the defensive philosophy when they knew temple had to run in the fourth quarter. Just Mind boggling.

Their DE's  are constantly being tied up inside and don't set the edge. If you watch all those long runs the defensive end got pushed inside immediately . I don't know if this is by design or just lack of ability. in either case it is the responsibility of the coaching staff to shore up something that is a weakness .  You cannot beat a team unless you can physically match them.I think that USF has players to do that but they're allainment  against certain teams leaves them very light in the back seven. 

They play the exact same defense week in and week out regardless of the opponent. If they don't make an adjustment against Navy they could rush for 700 yds. 

#43 has been terrible the last 4 games taking bad angles missing tackles.  He either needs to step it up or be benched IMO.

The reason why it's very frustrating is they have the talent to be good.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Who's talking about throwing in the towel?  We are talking about the defense being horse bleep.

Fair enough. Got a little ahead of myself. I'm just feeling like many are now going to use this as another excuse not to show up. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116

27 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I find it ironic that our flaccid defense is led by someone named after an erection.

Now that's funny.  Maybe the defense is weak cause Coach Woodie is limp?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I think most can see beyond the record and understand there are teams still on the schedule that can take advantage of our weaknesses now that we have been exposed. 

Most are coming to the realization that a 6-1 start could likely end in an 8-5 or 7-6 finish.

^ This. Very disappointing if we don't finish at least 9-3, possibly 10-2, even if we don't make the CCG. Reminiscent of past swoons.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Agree, that was a skip move promoting Woodie. We should have had a serious look for a DC...let Woodie interview if interested.

Promoting friends in sports usually leads to people in positions they aren't qualified for.

I think we're looking at 8-4 or 7-5 if massive improvement isn't seen on the defense 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237

19 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I can't stand woodie as d coordinator. Plus you cannot coach defense from the box. You need to be animated on the sideline 

We need to bring back Colorado’s Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach CJL

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

We need to bring back Colorado’s Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach CJL

As much as I'd love that...don't see it happening 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344