• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Raymond Woodie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I'm betting on the same scheme. Hopefully I'm wrong but I see navy rushing for over 400 yards on us. 

I'll take the over on that one.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

was Woodie interviewed after the game?  He needs to man up and give some explanation about his mess. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

was Woodie interviewed after the game?  He needs to man up and give some explanation about his mess. 

Waiting for him to get out of the box. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

IMG_3042.JPG

This is what needs to happen to Woodie when he gets back to Tampa. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Defense made zero turnovers...

Poor effort...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

Offense wasn't perfect but it still racked up 30 points on a good temple defense. 

Our D cost us the game, and something needs to be fixed. I see us riding out Woodie the rest of the year but after that he's gone. This is absolutely 100% unnacceptable. How the **** did we go from one of the best and aggressive  defenses to an absolute joke 

Edited by RedBull13

Defense made zero turnovers...

Poor effort...

2 weeks in a row.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

It's not fire or anything like that at all. Watch the game film, it's schematically terrible. Constantly crashing in DEs and the LBs are always caught inside. Leaves a CB to set the edge, which led to poor Johnny Ward (who had an awful night in coverage) to serve as a whipping boy for the FB all night who had at least 50 lbs on him. 

Any team can gash us by just sticking to run plays outside the tackles. Which will give them the added benefit of running clock and keeping the O off. 

It has nothing to do with where Woodie is coaching. It's the terrible scheme the players are running. 

It's not fire or anything like that at all. Watch the game film, it's schematically terrible. Constantly crashing in DEs and the LBs are always caught inside. Leaves a CB to set the edge, which led to poor Johnny Ward (who had an awful night in coverage) to serve as a whipping boy for the FB all night who had at least 50 lbs on him. 
Any team can gash us by just sticking to run plays outside the tackles. Which will give them the added benefit of running clock and keeping the O off. 
It has nothing to do with where Woodie is coaching. It's the terrible scheme the players are running. 

Exactly right. This is why we see so many off tackle runs go for 15 yards or more before we even see a USF jersey anywhere near the play.

Maybe it is me, but I don't ever recall see so many long, floating passes that should be easy picks by our safeties, but there is never a safety anywhere near the play. There were at least 2 high, long floating passes dropped over Ward's head where I was thinking easy pick. Then there was not even a safety that came over for the tackle.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed, nice guy but HAS to go. I mean, losing Lee and Byrd cannot have impacted the D this much. So many times I saw the LBs take poor angles. That is down to practicing right and clearly Woodie is not getting the x's and o's right.