• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Raymond Woodie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

To be fair he's tried multiple lb sets but nothing has worked to stop off tackle runs.  We knew defensive end was a problem coming in to the season, however even the most novice DC can crowd the box and force teams to throw.  Jancek certainly can engineer that I'm sure.  Looks like Navy will be make or brake.  Mathies too.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Don't show up to any more Home games, send emails to Athletic Director and Woodie will not be Defensive Coordinator next year.  Bad move making him Defensive Coordinator, because now what do you do with him if removed from that position. Lots of teams have co defensive coordinators, maybe that could be a resolution to the issue without getting rid of woodie based on his recruiting abilities. Probably 8 wins, crappy bowl game  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Problem with Woodie is he is in over his head at this point in his career. He has no experience as a DC at any college level. Has never been around a P5 level program in any capacity yet he is going up against some great offensive minded coaches with big time program or NFL level experience.

His true experience is at the CUSA level as a position coach with a little bit here which is a slight step up. At those levels it is a matter of having a better player or two.

When he goes up against better offensive minds, and this league does have some, including a guy like Frost, I think he runs the risk of being eaten alive in game.

We were lucky we got Babers and Montgomery early in the tenure.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

55 minutes ago, Bullinchinashop said:

Don't show up to any more Home games, send emails to Athletic Director and Woodie will not be Defensive Coordinator next year.  Bad move making him Defensive Coordinator, because now what do you do with him if removed from that position. Lots of teams have co defensive coordinators, maybe that could be a resolution to the issue without getting rid of woodie based on his recruiting abilities. Probably 8 wins, crappy bowl game  

That whole "don't show up to home games" thing is bs. Regardless of how bad our DC has been this team still deserves a home crowd support. We're putting up points on offense. Let's not penalize those guys for that. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Why exactly does this team deserve our support?

Because they still have something to play for...My goodness we lost two games and we're going to a bowl at the very least. I get that we have high expectations but again, we've only lost two games....

two years ago we would have been thrilled to be in this predicament. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

Because they still have something to play for...My goodness we lost two games and we're going to a bowl at the very least. I get that we have high expectations but again, we've only lost two games....

two years ago we would have been thrilled to be in this predicament. 

It's not two years ago though. 

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Based on attendance numbers and media coverage I think many would disagree that these players deserve our support.

I would say they need our support.

I agree that they need our support.  Gotta show up and get loud for the Navy game.  If the game is over by halftime, get some hot dogs.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

Show up and support the team. Changes will happen on defense.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's not two years ago though. 

You don't say?  Hence why I said I get we have higher expectations now.  6-2 with a chance to make the conference Championship. But hey let's just go ahead and throw in the towel. 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I'll be in Vegas for a conference but will be the loudest Bull fan in the sports book (depending on the spread of course).

Nice!