• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Coverage and the local papers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, ForestBull said:

I am going to email bomb him

Dude!!!! Never say "Bomb" on the internet.

Crap!!!!!!  :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

46 minutes ago, stonedonkey said:

My biggest beef though is the article they chose to run first was piece about attendance instead of actually covering the news of the team... is the real news of USF football attendance, or the conference record, the being bowl eligible in mid oct, the TD record being broken, nope... the news is attendance.

I hate you for making me kind of defend TJ but that column was one of his better ones. Agree that it would have been nice to have at least the score on the front page with the other schools but the biggest problem I had with his article was the headline set up. Most of the article was pretty  complimentary to the football program.

I don't agree with some of TJ's surprisingly detailed reply but a lot of what he said was dead on and stuff a lot of our fans just don't want to accept. I have had a problem at times when they appear to go out of their way to paint us in a negative light, mainly with headlines and the attendance ********, but he's correct that it's not their job to promote us and we are down in the pecking order of sports teams in this area.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

What a tool. The TBT sucks and has sucked for years. Oh well newspapers will die out soon. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

24 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

USF's biggest mistake was not starting football in the 60s. We got a very late start and will take years of success to get a big following.

If we could just get out of the G5...  Oh well

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

"Quite honestly, I'm not sure USF deserves the coverage it gets based on its attendance."

Well **** you too. 

What we're saying: Hey man, USF is the local team and they're having a really great season, do you think you could maybe make them a little more noticeable rather than post a huge picture of a team 2 hours away? 50/50 page is all we're asking. And do you think that maybe you could come up with headlines that talk about the records were breaking and the success we're having rather than crapping on our attendance?

What he's obviously hearing us say: GIVE US FREE PUBLICITY SO MORE PEOPLE SHOW UP TO OUR GAMES YOU SON OF A *****!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

If we could just get out of the G5...  Oh well

There is an old red faced man telling us that we did not get in right now.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

I think he is just still bitter about his radio show being cancelled. You know, because the hosts were such stellar people with stellar opinions that everyone in the area wanted to listen to them. /Sarcasm

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

On 10/17/2016 at 4:40 PM, HR Bull said:

Wow that guys just summed up the entire tbt sports department in his response to you. We don't care about USF and should use those resources elsewhere :facepalm: hometown partnership my ass. 

The "official (fill in the blank) of any team or league" is a donation made to said league or team. Has nothing to do with coverage. Kia is the official car of the NBA (making that up).  So what does that mean?  Is Kia responsible for making sure NBA ratings go up?  No, Kia paid some money to be that "official" company.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Donald Trump gets more positive coverage than USF

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

... I don't agree with some of TJ's surprisingly detailed reply but a lot of what he said was dead on and stuff a lot of our fans just don't want to accept. I have had a problem at times when they appear to go out of their way to paint us in a negative light, mainly with headlines and the attendance ********, but he's correct that it's not their job to promote us and we are down in the pecking order of sports teams in this area.

This is the bitter pill to swallow. I'm just not sure that the press necessarily goes out of its way to paint us in a negative light, so much as when the deficits are glaring - it's hard to ignore them. You can't sit there and see the vacuous stadium, and not think that attendance is an issue. That's gonna be a story. Is this a great year for USF football? Absolutely, 'cause we all dig winning - but we play at a level of interest that is secondary to the Big 3, even in our area. Until such time as our product is afire, garnering more interest than just what we have now, it's gonna be easy for the press to say "Be thankful we even cover you. Who'd you play, again?". I don't see a lot of it as negative, but I also don't see a whole lot of superlatives strung together either. Well, at least we beat out the Rowdies for coverage. That's something. :FIREdevil: