• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Unofficial Big 12 Announcement thread

Monday the Big 12 plans an announcement regarding expansion  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Just stop.  You told us all last week that you heard things and there were smiles on people's faces, and we just need to wait and see.  

I'm on my phone and don't have the patience to dig up all your posts to this effect, but it's clear you have absolutely no idea about anything regarding any sources related to USF athletics.  You're pretty much on the same level as Dude of WV and Tuxedo Yoda.  

Maybe they thought it was going to be good ?  Whatever it was, it got my hopes up.  We waited and no one got invited. Never said we were a lock. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Merge to the rumors thread?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

Maybe they thought it was going to be good ?  Whatever it was, it got my hopes up.  We waited and no one got invited. Never said we were a lock. 

You represented yourself as someone who had knowledge, or was close to those who did.  

Fine if you want to do that, it's your call, but you need to accept the grief you get for being that guy.  And yes, you were THAT guy.  

Blows my mind how you could answer Sellular's question as to who was saying stuff about waiting for good things to happen with "I don't know ..."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You represented yourself as someone who had knowledge, or was close to those who did.  

Fine if you want to do that, it's your call, but you need to accept the grief you get for being that guy.  And yes, you were THAT guy.  

Blows my mind how you could answer Sellular's question as to who was saying stuff about waiting for good things to happen with "I don't know ..."

I will take the blame for stating that it could be good or bad for USF. Turns out I was dead wrong as it was neither. USF will be fine in the AAC for now. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

19 minutes ago, tampatony said:

Yes. It should be gobbled up by the power 1 thread.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

You could merge this with the aw thread and nobody would notice

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

27 minutes ago, tampatony said:

I second that emotion

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

My big12 theory is this.

it is known Texas and OU are likely going to leave the conference for the PAC or Big10. 

If you are any other big12 member, when the conference loses 2 members and falls apart, do you want to be among 8 teams or 12 teams hoping for the last life raft out of the Big12? If you don't get a life raft you will be demoted the way USF, Ciny and Ucon were when the Big East broke up. Why elevate other teams that in a few years may be considered to take your place on the last life boat?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

52 minutes ago, Gismo said:

My big12 theory is this.

it is known Texas and OU are likely going to leave the conference for the PAC or Big10. 

If you are any other big12 member, when the conference loses 2 members and falls apart, do you want to be among 8 teams or 12 teams hoping for the last life raft out of the Big12? If you don't get a life raft you will be demoted the way USF, Ciny and Ucon were when the Big East broke up. Why elevate other teams that in a few years may be considered to take your place on the last life boat?

I used to think so too, but I don't buy this anymore

TX/OK aren't willing to give up their absolute monopoly on power by joining another existing conference

I think they're banking on a COMPLETE reorganization when they make the move to P64 which will eliminate all existing power conferences, and pick the top 55-60 P5 teams and the top 4-9 G5 teams to be formed into 8 divisions of 8 teams or (more likely) 16 pods of 4 teams, all with new names

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

??? Who said I was stating facts?  Notice the post said rumor which it is created by dudeofwv. So it is his credibility, not mine 

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why would you all of a sudden think that this was the case? No offense meant to BD but he's been on this board for a dozen years and has never, to my knowledge, shown any signs of having some sort of inside track on anything. I think the problem is that some wanted so bad to believe that something good was about to happen in regards to this, they cycled down their bs meters. The blame here is split 50/50 ...

• Upvote 2