• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Unofficial Big 12 Announcement thread

Monday the Big 12 plans an announcement regarding expansion  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Why would you all of a sudden think that this was the case? No offense meant to BD but he's been on this board for a dozen years and has never, to my knowledge, shown any signs of having some sort of inside track on anything. I think the problem is that some wanted so bad to believe that something good was about to happen in regards to this, they cycled down their bs meters. The blame here is split 50/50 ...

I don't know BD - he represented himself as someone who had been in contact with people in the know ... he's local and he's a donor.  Why should I automatically distrust what he says?  I do now, but now I know better.  I come to this board believing the best in people until I have reason to do otherwise.  I like BD and he's someone I would definitely have a beer with, but he's lost some credibility with me. 

This wouldn't even be a thing to me if BD hadn't denied knowing whom Sellular was asking about, when the answer was BD all along, and also claiming ignorance when charsibb told him his credibility was in question.  That's both funny and sad at the same time, but I'm not really dwelling on it any further.  I've said what I wanted to say, now I'm moving on.  

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

27 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't know BD - he represented himself as someone who had been in contact with people in the know ... he's local and he's a donor.  Why should I automatically distrust what he says?  I do now, but now I know better.  I come to this board believing the best in people until I have reason to do otherwise.  I like BD and he's someone I would definitely have a beer with, but he's lost some credibility with me. 

This wouldn't even be a thing to me if BD hadn't denied knowing whom Sellular was asking about, when the answer was BD all along, and also claiming ignorance when charsibb told him his credibility was in question.  That's both funny and sad at the same time, but I'm not really dwelling on it any further.  I've said what I wanted to say, now I'm moving on.  

how do you really feel about it? :D 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

According to SI's Pete Thamel (link to his article is in JK's tweet below), neither USF nor C. Florida were seriously considered by the Big XII. So it turns out that the best possible outcome for us occurred on Monday.

Here's to the Big XII's dysfunction, and Aresco's efforts to make the AAC a P6!

:icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Never really paid much attention to the Big 12 before all this expansion.  Sure I would have liked USF to get in mainly for the revenue, however, I never thought we were a good fit for the Big 12.  The ACC I believe would be a much better fit, but I don't see that happening.

Oh well time to work on the USF and AAC brand.

The Big 12 is dead to me....moving on.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Edited by Skingraft

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't know BD - he represented himself as someone who had been in contact with people in the know ...

Nobody who has contact with people in the know overuses exclamation points ....... EVER !!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

14 hours ago, Bear said:

Which reminds me, near the end of last season... wasn't someone on this board claiming 'inside information' about USF moving forward with plans for an OCS!?

I remember someone claiming that they had seen the plans too...

If my feeble memory serves me correctly, it was someone who had a relative, friend, relative's friend or friend's relative who had actually seen the blueprints for the ocs that would be going in on the MOSI site ..... so the hope is still out there.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

16 hours ago, Gismo said:

My big12 theory is this.

it is known Texas and OU are likely going to leave the conference for the PAC or Big10. 

If you are any other big12 member, when the conference loses 2 members and falls apart, do you want to be among 8 teams or 12 teams hoping for the last life raft out of the Big12? If you don't get a life raft you will be demoted the way USF, Ciny and Ucon were when the Big East broke up. Why elevate other teams that in a few years may be considered to take your place on the last life boat?

If Texas and OU leave, they will be taking Tech and Okie State with them.  That's four votes, expansion dead.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

It took UCF 28 years to get their own stadium, so hopefully by around 2025 we'll hopefully have one (why does the year 2025 stand out to me?)

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, jlcolvin said:

It took UCF 28 years to get their own stadium, so hopefully by around 2025 we'll hopefully have one (why does the year 2025 stand out to me?)

it will be the end of the world