• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Those aren't realistic goals and still avoid the actual point.

But if you're good, you're good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Those aren't realistic goals and still avoid the actual point.

But if you're good, you're good.

I'm good .... and I'm not avoiding the actual point, I just haven't figured out what it actually is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

Because of the inconsistency, some quarterbacks struggle with a shorter field.  Don't want that to be QF.

I doubt it will be. The kid works hard to improve, evidenced by some really solid improvements with the long ball--he reduced the rainbows and had some great highlight throws. I think he & Shaun will work on the short stuff, that's easier to correct IMO.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, Brad said:

If Derek Jeter only fielded half or "most of" the easy grounders, only booting a couple a game, he probably wouldn't make it to the Hall of Fame.  But that's baseball and a whole 'nother level.

Sort of like layups on our basketball team.  Goal is 100%.  You don't get to miss two layups and have that erased because you made three others.  You work on it and get better.

You gotta dunk that ****!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Does QF need to perfect the short throw, sure. I will venture to say that he is more reliable than Grothe and Daniels when they led to the takedow of those storied programs.

You don't have to be perfect to beat them, you have to want it more. We will want it more, and we'll step up our game even more. Navy almost got beat with us being injured, and they were firing on all cylinders. We destroyed Temple when they were looking like world beaters. 

FSU needed one of the greatest comebacks in their history to beat Ole Miss. Our defense is better and our offense is just as explosive. They fall behind with us and there is no coming back. 

Go Bulls!!! I not only bull-ieve, I know we will give them all they can handle. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think the intermediate throws are probably the hardest to make.  They require a combination of precision, timing, and accuracy that neither the sideline passes nor the deep balls really require.  I know he will continue to work on those and he's gonna slay it once he figures those out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

QF will play a lot better than Ole Miss QB who just sat down when the pocket collapsed.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

QF is near the top of the leaderboard for all QB stats in FBS.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think the intermediate throws are probably the hardest to make.  They require a combination of precision, timing, and accuracy that neither the sideline passes nor the deep balls really require.  I know he will continue to work on those and he's gonna slay it once he figures those out.

His ugliest throws weren't intermediate throws, didn't require timing or precision, just accuracy and were probably some of the shortest and easiest he attempted. He just had several brain farts and made similar, and tougher, throws all night long.

And to me, the toughest throws are the deep sidelines like the 73 yd TD pass he hit Bronson with. There is such a small window there to put it in, where it doesn't sail ob or drift inward where the db can make a play on it. Every time I see any qb hit one of those, I'm amazed.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah 6 pages of this but will add the same thing, QF throws a pretty deep ball but he has the yips on anything 10 yards or less.

Again to parrot opinions, I am concerned that some of these deep balls will be defended/picked versus an athletic secondary. There were a few throws into double coverage that when he released I thought for sure it was a pick and the safeties just never made a play on the ball. 

Still, glad we can nitpick a great performance like this, instead of arguing over which DII wannabe could get to 40% completion.