• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The three-headed trio of Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack, and Rodney Adams is arguably the best in the country

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Using the word arguably helps legitimize your thread title, however if I had to select between the best three players in these positions at Clemson or Oklahoma with respect to our three studs, we're a distant third... a very distant third. They are still very good players though... just not on the elite level at their respective positions like what Clemson and OU will be sending out there on Saturdays. I think Mack is our most complete player of the three we are discussing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Coaches ability to call a game is still suspect in my mind. Year one and two were so bizarre and with so many problems, 6 games from last year does not mean he is out of the play calling woods yet, but I really hope so. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
59 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Coaches ability to call a game is still suspect in my mind. Year one and two were so bizarre and with so many problems, 6 games from last year does not mean he is out of the play calling woods yet, but I really hope so. 

Year one and year two we didn't run this system so even bringing them up is insane in my opinion. Coaches ability to call a game will only improve with experience. Hell at least the man realized his Stanford smash mouth system would not work here and made the move. That's all I needed to see, was already on the bus, but that move made my seat even more comfortable. I always thought he would do really well here.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

Year one and year two we didn't run this system so even bringing them up is insane in my opinion. Coaches ability to call a game will only improve with experience. Hell at least the man realized his Stanford smash mouth system would not work here and made the move. That's all I needed to see, was already on the bus, but that move made my seat even more comfortable. I always thought he would do really well here.

I'm with you.  He had success calling plays at WKU as head coach.  He actually wasn't calling plays the 1st two seasons.  We had OCs... though I think he took over at the end of the 2014 season.  2015 was the first season he called plays in an offense he designed... he got really good at it.  No reason to think he'll not continue to do good.  He's got that mojo going.  

• Downvote 2

Guest PCBull14
19 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I'm with you.  He had success calling plays at WKU as head coach.  He actually wasn't calling plays the 1st two seasons.  We had OCs... though I think he took over at the end of the 2014 season.  2015 was the first season he called plays in an offense he designed... he got really good at it.  No reason to think he'll not continue to do good.  He's got that mojo going.  

Yea I think we he had some say so in the play calls, then got frustrated and just took the reigns himself. He had the whole Stan Heath micromanage thing going on for awhile to rebuild the right culture. Hopefully that won't be required again. I like how the offense progressed last season and only see it getting better! When he felt like he could trust the team, the calls got better and better as the season went on. Thing of beauty.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, PCBull14 said:

Yea I think we he had some say so in the play calls, then got frustrated and just took the reigns himself. He had the whole Stan Heath micromanage thing going on for awhile to rebuild the right culture. Hopefully that won't be required again. I like how the offense progressed last season and only see it getting better! When he felt like he could trust the team, the calls got better and better as the season went on. Thing of beauty.

Great observation.  I think a lot had to do with changing the culture around the team.  I remember that 1st spring practice when he said not all the guys passed the fitness test so they can participate in spring practice.  I remember games where the guys just quit on him that first year.  Actually I can think of quite a few games from that season.  Each year you could see the guys growing and getting better.  Now, I just think these guys are like a bunch of wolves waiting to be released.  They're hungry and that goes back to the coach.  They know what Taggart wants... I think they're on a mission for Coach.  When you have a group of young men as talented and prepared as these guys will be wanting to play for the coach... you can have a really special season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

39 minutes ago, Calibull said:

They know what Taggart wants... I think they're on a mission for Coach.  When you have a group of young men as talented and prepared as these guys will be wanting to play for the coach... you can have a really special season. 

I think the other part of this equation is that the vast majority of the team was recruited to play for this coach. Regardless of who it is in charge, we're talking about teenagers (or close to it) that get recruited and envision themselves playing for a certain guy, then when someone else comes in, they know they're not "his" guy and the clock is ticking. That has to play on their minds. My coach in college was an as asswipe, but he was MY asswipe. I'd have been a little thrown if someone new had come in.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Relaxing and trusting the team went a long way to them having fun and playing their strengths. The success came naturally, so as long as the reigns are still loose, this year could be great. But I have to agree with all the O line talk. It's the unit with the most to prove IMO, so I hope they're hungry. ;)

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Mack is a special college back. 

Adams and Flowers are good at what they do. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

dont think these 3 are the best in the nation

not even in the aac yet