• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The three-headed trio of Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack, and Rodney Adams is arguably the best in the country

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Spot on.  xCSH never made adjustments to his staff that needed to be made due to his loyalty to them.  This is underscored by the fact that no assistant that he had here is on staff at LaTech (that I can tell, anyway).  Hopefully, that is a lesson learned and he is successful moving forward.  What I hate is what that teaching point cost our program.

He actually just hired offensive genius Todd Fitch a few months back. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

20 hours ago, JTrue said:

Can't we just say Holtz failed and move along without making up things to hate him for? 

dyyyy.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

If only Bench had another year of eligibility. 

Yeah, Bench got invited to the Buc's camp, epic failure to develop that talent by CWT.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

He actually just hired offensive genius Todd Fitch a few months back. 

And why wouldn't he? He needs all the help he can get to run an offense. If you need proof, just compare his team's output last year to CWT's and you'll see the difference between a complete failure and an offensive guru.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And why wouldn't he? He needs all the help he can get to run an offense. If you need proof, just compare his team's output last year to CWT's and you'll see the difference between a complete failure and an offensive guru.

That's because CWT has TheBullsPen as his offensive coordinator. Holtz is no longer afforded that privilege.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I've come around to believe Holtz' failure was a combination of not recruiting talented-enough players to compete in the Big East, plus some serious game management and game preparation ineptitude.  I can't explain why Holtz had success at lower levels - maybe he was Peter Principle'd here.  I don't know.  And I can't explain why he couldn't recruit talented players.  Our average GPA for the team went up - maybe that was the goal, and talent was sacrificed for academic success. 

Who the hell knows.  Like I've said before, I don't hate the guy, but I'm certainly glad he's no longer here.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

20 hours ago, JTrue said:

Can't we just say Holtz failed and move along without making up things to hate him for? You said it was because he should have brought in proven coaches from BCS schools. You know CWT has a staff that's 90% Western Kentucky or high school, right? And they're all his buddies.

Holtz was walking into a top 35ish program in a BCS conference and was expected to break through the "plateau" an have us consistently in the top 25. There was a BCS level staff here. He let all of them go except the 3 lowest paid and brought in his guys for a huge salary bump.

Taggart walked into a dumpster fire at the bottom of a bad conference. Also, if I recall, while a lot of his guys were from WKU, they also had been with him at Stanford or had coached at a higher level, or, were recommended to him by Harbaugh (a very successful and experienced coach some may say). I think he did have some of his own guys, but, he also fired them when things started going south and has shown some ability to adapt and a lot of ability to recruit.

I don't have to "make up" a reason to hate Holtz. I can tell you exactly when it happened... We're playing Miami, not too far behind, going into half time in scoring position. He has two (?) timeouts and he is watching the clock tick down while laughing on the sidelines. Finally calls a timeout and kick the FG on 2nd or 3rd down.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Yeah, Bench got invited to the Buc's camp, epic failure to develop that talent by CWT.

LOL oh you were serious about AW (and Bench) not getting a fair shot.  I thought you were being snarky.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

CSH would have landed Ironside... Instead we're stuck with this "three headed monster".

#fireCWT

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

LOL oh you were serious about AW (and Bench) not getting a fair shot.  I thought you were being snarky.  

Stick with your gut mmw. The name tells you all you need to know about his intent.

• Upvote 1