• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The three-headed trio of Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack, and Rodney Adams is arguably the best in the country

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

It takes depth, need multiple receivers we may not have, but we do have the running backs and the quarter back, the oline is unknown.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

With Valdez-Scantling, McCants, and others I think we have the receiver depth. It's the O line that I'm more concerned about. Another big question going into this year is if we will have a kicker that can put the ball past the 15-yard line.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, CRBULL said:

With Valdez-Scantling, McCants, and others I think we have the receiver depth. It's the O line that I'm more concerned about. Another big question going into this year is if we will have a kicker that can put the ball past the 15-yard line.

That was one of the most frustrating things about last years seems teams were always starting at 35 yard line.

I agree oline is the huge question mark, I think they should be talented so that's a plus, will get better as season moves along.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

The only question mark on offense will be the OL and how quickly they can come together. 

The WR group has the potential to be the best group we have ever had  in addition to Adams, McCants and Valdez-Scantling we also have Barr and Bronson who both showed flashes at times last year  plus before he got hurt Clerveaux was being talked about as being the best of the group during camp.  

Our TE's are supposed to be pretty good (Dixon is on the preseason Mackey watch list) and with Johnson's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield we should be in pretty good shape through the air.

Based on what we saw from most of these guys last year, this offense can be scary good.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

The only question mark on offense will be the OL and how quickly they can come together. 

The WR group has the potential to be the best group we have ever had  in addition to Adams, McCants and Valdez-Scantling we also have Barr and Bronson who both showed flashes at times last year  plus before he got hurt Clerveaux was being talked about as being the best of the group during camp.  

Our TE's are supposed to be pretty good (Dixon is on the preseason Mackey watch list) and with Johnson's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield we should be in pretty good shape through the air.

Based on what we saw from most of these guys last year, this offense can be scary good.

Also don't forget Legree who's listed as a starter and Saloman who's a true freshman. Should be folebtycof weapons as long as the guys can hang on to the ball!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, and need the opponent-by-opponent game plan to come together as much as, and to aid the execution. I'm really hoping they picked up a few nuggets from Baylor. Having watched our wins from last year a few times over by now, there is definitely a lot of room and opportunity for improvement. If our defense at least stays steady and the offense takes it up by just a little, I think we could have a 10-win season.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I like the 2 new coaching hires on offense (Weist and Hiller). Both have been part of prolific offenses. Weist and Taggart have coached together. I hope that familiarilty allows for a quick transition. 

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On July 8, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Gismo said:

It takes depth, need multiple receivers we may not have, but we do have the running backs and the quarter back, the oline is unknown.

WR depth is going to be an position of strength.  Adams, Valdez-S, McCants, Bronson, Legree, a healthy Clearvuex (spelling), Barr, Reed... oh... I can't forget D'Angelo Antione who redshirted and got into trouble last season but is likely to be our KO return guy... and will see the field (that kid can ball, he just redshirted last season).  Oh... then there is Salomon who is likely the best WR recruit we've ever had at USF.  That kid was the #1 ranked WR and a 5 star his junior year (but then he got caught stealing an ipod or something on a visit at Georgia and his stock went down)... He finished his senior year being recruited by every school in the country.  Getting him was a big deal, I still don't think many USF fans understand how good he is.  I think he will be starting by the 3rd or 4th game.  Nothing against the guys we have, he's a different animal.  He plays like Julio Jones and that's no BS.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I honestly think this is going to be the best season in school history.  I know Houston is the sexy pick because how they played last season, but i think we had soooo much room to improve and we will.  I think there is a lot of continuity coming back and I think the guys know what they are doing for a change.  This is the first year under Taggart where the guys will really have a feel for a system that suits them.  The first year the defense is running the same scheme back to back years.  It's so much going right with this team... I think USF will literally shock the nation this year.  I like that we aren't picked to win the conference (though one writer did)... it allows us to stay level headed.  Also I don't think Cincy and those other blowouts were flukes.  We have better athletes and players at the skill positions and our Dline is going to be insane.  Houston is the only other team that really matches us athletically.  UConn would normally be a kryptonite for us but we're not the old USF, we are big and physical too.  Our S&C program is taking these guys to another level.  Props to coach O and Carnes & company have done a tremendous job.  And Keep the name Ivy in mind.  He's as good of a talent as JPP at DE.

• Upvote 3