• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The three-headed trio of Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack, and Rodney Adams is arguably the best in the country

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Relaxing and trusting the team went a long way to them having fun and playing their strengths. The success came naturally, so as long as the reigns are still loose, this year could be great. But I have to agree with all the O line talk. It's the unit with the most to prove IMO, so I hope they're hungry. ;)

True but kind of hard to do when your job is on the line.  I am glad he listened to Quiton that day.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

True but kind of hard to do when your job is on the line.  I am glad he listened to Quiton that day.

Taggurt actually listened to Quiton? But what about all those TBP'ers who say CWT is a control freak?

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Taggurt actually listened to Quiton? But what about all those TBP'ers who say CWT is a control freak?

One of them must have been wrong.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Taggurt actually listened to Quiton?

:blush: You got me.

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

But what about all those TBP'ers who say CWT is a control freak?

I think we will find that all the negative traits applied to CWT will suddenly be transformed into assets once we start winning consistently and godlike virtues when he has moved on.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

14 hours ago, JTrue said:

I think the other part of this equation is that the vast majority of the team was recruited to play for this coach. Regardless of who it is in charge, we're talking about teenagers (or close to it) that get recruited and envision themselves playing for a certain guy, then when someone else comes in, they know they're not "his" guy and the clock is ticking. That has to play on their minds. My coach in college was an as asswipe, but he was MY asswipe. I'd have been a little thrown if someone new had come in.

I think you're correct.  It's easier playing for your coach.  I was part of a coaching change and ended up transferring and not playing any sports (my mother also got sick around that time, too).  But I hated it and really never trusted the new coach.  So I agree totally with that.  

I don't know... I'm looking at Coach Carnes instagram of the guys lifting... and there are some elite level lifts going on by guys I didn't expect.  Guys from skilled positions power cleaning more than 300 pounds.  Cecil Cherry power cleaned 365 lbs... I lift... I've power lifted... that is impressive weight.  Dillon power cleaning 335... Also guys clocking faster times in the 40.  There is something serious going on behind the scenes at USF that I don't think are being factored in.  This team to me looks poised to make a jump.  The base of any program in S&C... what is going on at USF is they have developed an elite level S&C program.  That's the one thing I've really followed this offseason and I am totally impressed.  I mean I'm actually pretty blown away.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

30 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I don't know... I'm looking at Coach Carnes instagram of the guys lifting... and there are some elite level lifts going on by guys I didn't expect.  Guys from skilled positions power cleaning more than 300 pounds.  Cecil Cherry power cleaned 365 lbs... I lift... I've power lifted... that is impressive weight.  Dillon power cleaning 335... Also guys clocking faster times in the 40.  There is something serious going on behind the scenes at USF that I don't think are being factored in.  This team to me looks poised to make a jump.  The base of any program in S&C... what is going on at USF is they have developed an elite level S&C program.  That's the one thing I've really followed this offseason and I am totally impressed.  I mean I'm actually pretty blown away.

Great point. S&C arguable underrated by the average fan. We've got a great program -- loved that coach Gortmaker was recognized for his work.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

48 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Also guys clocking faster times in the 40.  

As stupid as this is going to sound, it makes me ecstatic that our S&C coach is tracking this season over season. Holtz's old S&C coach, Golden, didn't bother tracking. Piss poor recruiting locally and really inefficient S&C did us in.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

As stupid as this is going to sound, it makes me ecstatic that our S&C coach is tracking this season over season. Holtz's old S&C coach, Golden, didn't bother tracking. Piss poor recruiting locally and really inefficient S&C did us in.

That doesn't sound stupid at all.  It sounds spot on.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I think we will find that all the negative traits applied to CWT will suddenly be transformed into assets once we start winning consistently and godlike virtues when he has moved on.

Absolutely agree 100% with this.