• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: Woulard makes strong opening statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

It's nice seeing AW ball out. I did see Q throw a real nice pass at the end of the second practice video. If Q is the better QB, let him start. However if AW is the real deal, I truly hope they give him game time situations to play in. FWIW, the second string QB will play live in Spring practice versus the ones from time to time. They did when I was playing. I doubt Coach Taggart will be much different with how he runs things.

AW did not "ball out".  He made a few nice throws in shorts and a T-shirt.  Balling out is reserved for those thingies called actual games, or at the very least, live contact practices.  He's battling Brett Kean for the #2 job, so Kean must be balling out too.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

AW did not "ball out".  He made a few nice throws in shorts and a T-shirt.  Balling out is reserved for those thingies called actual games, or at the very least, live contact practices.  He's battling Brett Kean for the #2 job, so Kean must be balling out too.

Does Kean look that good in practice from what you've seen so far? 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Since Taggart has been here the Spring game has been a split squad game and the rosters are dictated by a draft. The ones and twos don't run together as units since they're spilt between the two rosters. I wish he didn't do this because the spring game would be a great opportunity to get quality reps with the 1's 

I'm talking in the live practices - not the Spring Game per se. Even when I was playing, the teams were split up in a similar fashion. However during practice, the 2's on offense will go live against the 1's to get a better look on things. When that happens, you really get the opportunity to see who has the ability to step up to that next level (as we've normally fielded a pretty strong defense).

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

7 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Seriously... soccer talk on a football thread. Please shoot me already. Not qualifying for the World Cup would be awesome. The politically correct millennial generation that worships soccer will be distraught - and that alone is worth witnessing. The millennials will probably still ask for a participation trophy - but it will be nice enjoying a summer of baseball without the liberal media attempting to give us soccer updates that interrupt real sports news. Please Klinsmann - choke big time. And when you're fired, take the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton supporters back with you to Europe.

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

23 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I'm talking in the live practices - not the Spring Game per se. Even when I was playing, the teams were split up in a similar fashion. However during practice, the 2's on offense will go live against the 1's to get a better look on things. When that happens, you really get the opportunity to see who has the ability to step up to that next level (as we've normally fielded a pretty strong defense).

Yeah those reps are a given. Just feel like the spring game could be closer to a live game to give a better look when it comes to position battles. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Seriously... soccer talk on a football thread. Please shoot me already. Not qualifying for the World Cup would be awesome. The politically correct millennial generation that worships soccer will be distraught - and that alone is worth witnessing. The millennials will probably still ask for a participation trophy - but it will be nice enjoying a summer of baseball without the liberal media attempting to give us soccer updates that interrupt real sports news. Please Klinsmann - choke big time. And when you're fired, take the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton supporters back with you to Europe.

So wait, do you like Millennials or...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,334
  • Content Count:  21,329
  • Days Won:  10

26 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

So wait, do you like Millennials or...

No, he likes soccer and can't wait to watch the MLS season kick off.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

14 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

AW sure didn't ball out today... which is why Kean took most of the snaps with the 2s.  I'll say it, and I've been saying it for three years, I've seen AW in spring ball and at UCLA and practices, he's not that good.  He has all the measurable and throws a tight spiral but he throws waaay too many interceptions and makes bad decisions when things go live.  I mean he may improve on that but right now he's not the best QB on this team.  I don't think he's even the second best because I think Kean will beat him out for the #2 job. 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

22 minutes ago, Calibull said:

AW sure didn't ball out today... which is why Kean took most of the snaps with the 2s.  I'll say it, and I've been saying it for three years, I've seen AW in spring ball and at UCLA and practices, he's not that good.  He has all the measurable and throws a tight spiral but he throws waaay too many interceptions and makes bad decisions when things go live.  I mean he may improve on that but right now he's not the best QB on this team.  I don't think he's even the second best because I think Kean will beat him out for the #2 job. 

Based on the past two seasons, this is a killer in CWT's eyes

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Exactly, but some on here just will not give up and insist that he is battling QF down to the wire for the job.  In reality, Kean may end up winning the #2 job.  AW does throw a tight spiral and looks imposing at 6'3", but that doesn't mean in any way he's even close to being our best QB, maybe not even our 2nd best.  He's never done anything of significance other than looking good throwing balls in shorts.  That said, I really hope he improves, because we need all the QB depth we can stand if QF goes down.  If AW wins #2 job and eventually gets into games, then I hope he plays amazing and leads this team where it needs to go.  

• Upvote 1