• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: Woulard makes strong opening statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Huh?  He's just reporting what he's seeing and he even had a disclaimer about defensive breakdowns.

I'm not just talking about Triple B, I just mean Twitter and people in general. I see Joey Knight talking very highly of him but isn't pointing out all of his interceptions. Just my opinion, but no way that he is better than Woulard from what I saw live.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I was there for about an hour today. Was surprised to see Keane look like he was rolling with the second team. None of the QBs looked consistent. Woulard still throws the best ball, he had a sequence with 2 near INTs and a ball 2 yards behind a receiver that were three of the prettiest passes all day. Q threw some wobblers into the flat.

Running backs looked good. Mack glided through one play that would have been a 50 yard touchdown if live. 

Receivers looked good also. Scantling looks the part.

Don't have more because my 7 year old had me throwing passes to him on the sideline.

Edited by SANJAY
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

I was there for about an hour today. Was surprised to see Keane look like he was rolling with the second team. None of the QBs looked consistent. Woulard still throws the best ball, he had a sequence with 2 near INTs and a ball 2 yards behind a receiver that were three of the prettiest passes all day. Q threw some wobblers into the flat.

Running backs looked good. Mack glided through one play that would have been a 50 yard touchdown if live. 

Don't have more because my 7 year old had me throwing passes to him on the sideline.

Throwing passes to your son on the practice field at USF, that memory will last a lot longer than our QB competition. Awesome, and thanks for the "partial" eyewitness account.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

From what you saw, how did Kean look? Last year he looked VERY raw and young in the practices I went to. 

5 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Throwing passes to your son on the practice field at USF, that memory will last a lot longer than our QB competition. Awesome, and thanks for the "partial" eyewitness account.

Absolutely. I was thinking about that while I was doing it. He was having a blast. 

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

From what you saw, how did Kean look? Last year he looked VERY raw and young in the practices I went to. 

He threw a good ball but inconsistent. Body language is good. as you note hard to tell whether he's making the right reads.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

He threw a good ball but inconsistent. Body language is good. as you note hard to tell whether he's making the right reads.

That's the toughest thing. If any of us could do more than say, "Gee... he throws a nice ball." we wouldn't be spending our time on here. And again, we will never know if the kid can run a little in our system. Its always going to be the X factor until game time with our QBs as long as we run this offense. Imagine going to a practice with Grothe. My memory is biased, but it always seemed like his biggest plays were broken scrambles and a prayer that would NEVER show up in practice situations where you're just seeing him drop back and throw.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

Jurgen Klinnsman has made a mess of the US Men's National team.  He sees things in his mind that make no sense on the field, then blames the players when it all goes wrong.

u went there.... what a disaster it is... gotta win tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Stopped in around 10 and saw a quick 10 minutes of 11 on 11 drills and it wasn't very pretty, although as I was pulling in, there was a long td run but couldn't tell who or why. Only AW and QF at qb. In the short time there, 2 fumbles (although 1 may have been an incomplete because it was on that little toss to a wr coming in front of the qb) ... only one deep ball, that was overthrown .... 3 misses on short routes (1 drop, 1 may have been a wrong route, 1 thrown behind) .... several of the, I guess, bubble screens behind the LOS that didn't get much) 2 less than perfect snaps, although 1 exemplified the already proven value QF. One of the errant snaps went way to the right, don't know if Q even got a hand on it, but it bounced to Coach T who tossed it back to him and Flowers kept rolling right and threw a perfect strike to a wr coming across the field.

DISCLAIMER: That was done from memory so maybe somebody else there can clean it up.

That's cool... thanks for sharing as I appreciate any and all insight.

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2016 at 10:20 AM, BullsFanInTX said:

QF saved our bacon many times last year making something out of nothing, many times for TD's.  Remember that TD where he went airborne against SMU.  There were many other examples.  AW is no where near as mobile as QF.  QF's mobility alone will account for 10-15 TD's.  He's one of the 3 or 4 most mobile QB's in the country in all of FBS.  Can AW come anywhere near that?  That said, I am glad to hear AW is doing well throwing the ball in shorts and a t shirt.  Proof positive that he should beat or 3,300 yard total offense Quinton Flowers.  

Not to mention QF also has an entire year of starts under his belt in real game time situations. Not saying AW couldn't do the same but the chemistry from last year should only get better and help QF.