• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: Woulard makes strong opening statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

33 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

:facepalm: Check my USF creds and body of work man, I'm no troll.

Where did to you get that bunk definition? It's so oversimplified it has the reasoning of a middle-schooler.  For your edification, there are different types criticism. In fact there is a profession for which people get paid to be a critic, maybe you have heard of it before, a head coach. Criticism  alone does not equate to a troll :rolleyes:

#OffseasonProblems

I know you are not a troll and I never called you one.  I will say that your approach on this topic is concern troll-ish.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

I am not calling for changing statistics either just digging deeper to more accurately understand his role in things. 

I believe they call his role "quarterback."  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

32 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I believe they call his role "quarterback."  

:lmao:Touche. 

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

I know you are not a troll and I never called you one.  I will say that your approach on this topic is concern troll-ish.

I see...our presidential political season must be rubbing off on TBP lol. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You know this discussion has gone way over the top when I've grown bored with it.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

BEST CASE SCENARIO: BOTH GUYS PLAY, WOULARD COMES IN FOR WILDCAT PACKAGE AND TRICK PLAYS

With the amount of trick plays and flea flickers/half back passes you cant tell me were not gonna utilize AW in special packages. 

I believe just like Dernest got on the field when we had a prize horse like Mack, if Woulard is good Taggart will make room for Woulard to get on the field. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

A system that gives a rating of 12.7 to a qb who rushed for over 200 yds and 3 td's is obviously flawed when measuring a qb's performance and impact on a game ... and no one is defining QF as a great passing QB. That's a straw man argument YOU brought up in this thread and continue to argue against. Wanky's contribution to the offense went way beyond the number of TD passes he "threw".

5 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

You have incorrectly portrayed me as using a strawman argument. The whole reason I responded was because others have used QF statistics to label him as irreplaceable. I am simply saying that there is room for improvement and using his raw statistics can be misleading when drawing such conclusions.

I don't recall anyone in this thread pointing to QF's passing stats,TD passes in particular, as proof of his irreplaceability yet this is what you brought up and combated  ...... I believe that would be called a strawman argument. The comments have been about his overall performance, which includes rushing, protecting the ball, keeping plays alive, points scored on his watch.

And sorry, BH, mmw did nail it with the "concern troll" description. Have never seen that before but it does fit perfect ...... although maybe we can just classify you as an unwitting one. B)

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, BULLZ said:

BEST CASE SCENARIO: BOTH GUYS PLAY, WOULARD COMES IN FOR WILDCAT PACKAGE AND TRICK PLAYS

With the amount of trick plays and flea flickers/half back passes you cant tell me were not gonna utilize AW in special packages. 

I believe just like Dernest got on the field when we had a prize horse like Mack, if Woulard is good Taggart will make room for Woulard to get on the field. 

?  Wouldn't QF be the Wildcat guy, being more mobile?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

45 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

?  Wouldn't QF be the Wildcat guy, being more mobile?

Ya, I said Woulard would come in for the package. As in be under center.

On 3/24/2016 at 8:20 AM, BullsFanInTX said:

QF saved our bacon many times last year making something out of nothing, many times for TD's.  Remember that TD where he went airborne against SMU.  There were many other examples.  AW is no where near as mobile as QF.  QF's mobility alone will account for 10-15 TD's.  He's one of the 3 or 4 most mobile QB's in the country in all of FBS.  Can AW come anywhere near that?  That said, I am glad to hear AW is doing well throwing the ball in shorts and a t shirt.  Proof positive that he should beat or 3,300 yard total offense Quinton Flowers.  

On 3/26/2016 at 5:39 PM, BullsFanInTX said:

Exactly what I thought.  Despite the ridiculous statements of people on here to hand a job to someone who has never thrown a live pass over a guy who was the Team MVP and put up 34 TD's.

On 3/27/2016 at 6:18 PM, Calibull said:

yup... I'm happy he put that to rest right away.  Only after a record breaking season would our fans route for an unproven backup QB to become the starter.  smh

On 3/28/2016 at 1:28 PM, BullsFanInTX said:

At least 22 receivers caught his passes last year, as in 22 TD passes.

On 3/29/2016 at 11:28 AM, BullsFanInTX said:

This is a non issue.  QF will be the starter as long as he's at USFAW will never start a game unless QF goes down with injury.  Then, IF he has beat out Brett Kean (a huge if), then he will get some playing time.  If he does, then I hope he shines, absolutely.  I do envision both Woulard and Kean getting a lot of mop up time this year though.  We should blow some teams out.  But this whole QF vs. AW is total and utter nonsense.  It's AW vs. BK for #2 and it's very possible BK wins #2 job. 

QF will lead this team to the Peach, Cotton, or Fiesta bowl by the time he's done at USF.  Mark it down.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't recall anyone in this thread pointing to QF's passing stats,TD passes in particular, as proof of his irreplaceability yet this is what you brought up and combated  ...... I believe that would be called a strawman argument. The comments have been about his overall performance, which includes rushing, protecting the ball, keeping plays alive, points scored on his watch.

52381692.jpg

My PSA for you old man, and that is just in this thread. Like I said earlier you see what you want to see. There have been wilder comments in previous threads that he is the greatest QB in USF history, he is better than passer than Grothe Daniels Blackwell etc etc. My comments were related to his stats, in particular his passing stats as a QB b/c that is an aspect of his game he needs to work on. All I said is that to be mindful what they mean. He did not throw 22 TD passes...Nothing more nothing less. The arguments digressed from there, "you are taking away his TDs", uh never suggested to take them away just looking with a refined eye,  "o what about the dropped ones"...really?! Its your cohort that are the ones with drooling mouths...and when someone mentions an area that he could work on b/c its glaringly obvious, you all start chomping at the bit, I become the troll and you start trying to reduce your argument from the clear and relevant context (ie no straw-man).

The funny part is I have stated my support for QF in this thread and many times in other threads. He progress in all aspects of the game, from 2014 to 2015 was amazing. I am just not delusional about his skill set. If he can improve to even an average passer he will be the best QB in USF's history. That's the last bit of time I can spend w/this foolishness. Gotta make some money!

Edited by Bull-Hornz