• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: Woulard makes strong opening statement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Actually some AW fan club boosters were pumping up AW and basically saying he should get the nod over QF, how great he was, how we needed him, etc. etc.  I stated QF would be the starter at USF as long as he was healthy and was derided by a couple.

I hope AW has a good career at USF, and if he gets into games I will root for him like crazy.  However, I fully stand by my prediction:  AW will never start a game at USF as long as QF is here AND healthy.  Never.  Nor should he.  QF will take this team to a NY6 bowl within the next 2 years and continue to set school records doing so.  I liken it to when West Virginia has Pat White and Steve Slaton in the backfield.  We will see that kind of success with QF and MM.

So these people believed AW was going to be better and, since he was going to be better, he should be the starting QB. Your memory is different than mine if you read posts where people said they thought AW should start despite QF being the better player. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So these people believed AW was going to be better and, since he was going to be better, he should be the starting QB. Your memory is different than mine if you read posts where people said they thought AW should start despite QF being the better player. 

Different people said different things, and both of you are right, but you are only focusing on certain comments instead of comments as a whole. It's hard to generalize that all AW fans wanted him to start because he was better, or because he is younger , because there were many people who said both.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Different people said different things, and both of you are right, but you are only focusing on certain comments instead of comments as a whole. It's hard to generalize that all AW fans wanted him to start because he was better, or because he is younger , because there were many people who said both.

I think the AW crowd has been mostly ridiculous, but who said they wanted him to start because he was younger? He is not younger... that's just factual.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

I think the AW crowd has been mostly ridiculous, but who said they wanted him to start because he was younger? He is not younger... that's just factual.

I meant he has more playing time. That's kind of what JTrue was getting at when he said that since they thought he would be better they think he should start now and for the next 2 years.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Hard to imagine many sane people arguing that AW should start - even if Flowers is better - because he has a year more of eligibility. I imagine most of those people are assuming that they are roughly equal or AW is already better (although there is very little evidence to support that conclusion).

Sure, there are some unreasonable people posting in this thread... one, who shall remain nameless, said that Bench "proved he could make throws Flowers couldn't" after Bench had gone 0-3 with an INT (really two INTs) vs Maryland. Seriously.

But the vast majority just want the best QB to start, whoever that is.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

31 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

But the vast majority just want the best QB to start, whoever that is.

I think it's Cam Newton.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

I think there are very few fan bases in the country that would have had ANY fans bringing this up under the same circumstances. The AW movement was mostly started by a few who, although happy for USF's success last year, aren't happy that CWT was the one to pull it off. AW coming out of the chute lighting it up in Spring ball would have given them something to kvetch about until opening day .... good news for them is that there's still plenty of time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think there are very few fan bases in the country that would have had ANY fans bringing this up under the same circumstances. The AW movement was mostly started by a few who, although happy for USF's success last year, aren't happy that CWT was the one to pull it off. AW coming out of the chute lighting it up in Spring ball would have given them something to kvetch about until opening day .... good news for them is that there's still plenty of time.

And boom goes the Dynamite 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The AW movement was mostly started by a few who, although happy for USF's success last year, aren't happy that CWT was the one to pull it off. 

QFT

Also, they're the ones who never could specify how a QB could be determined "better" based on practice 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

43 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Very few fan bases would have a QB debate in this or any other situation?

Seriously?  

The backup QB is always the fan favorite on every team.  Every fan base would have the same discussion in this situation.  As proof, go look at any football message board ever.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with CWT, despite your desire to twist people's words.  It has to do with the fact that QF has proven to be a very, very inconsistent passer of the football.  Any rational person would agree with that.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1