• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart in film room for national championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, TromBull12 said:

I believe people can tell the difference between true criticism and people stirring the pot. It's the same people all the time who never say anything nice about the program. The people who find the clouds on a sunny day. People get tired of hating just to hate. I've never down voted someone for an educated difference of opinion but someone who seems to troll... That's a whole different story. 

I don't believe that at all. There aren't more than 5 people who come here with no other agenda than to be ******** about USF. The vast majority are fans first who want nothing but the best and even when they come around and say something nice after being a little skeptical, someone gives them a line about "You're just saying it now because...but I know you don't mean it." Hell, I've said about 1000 times I was not a Taggart fan the first 2 years and I was very impressed with the changes he made this year. Doesn't matter. There are still people who tell me I wanted CWT fired (which I never once said) and that no matter what he does, I won't ever like him. Also not true. I like him a lot and told him the other day when I saw him he did a great job this year and changed my opinion of him. Still not enough. If I said I think travertine would have been a better choice for his countertops in his home for sale, someone would tell me I never liked him, wish for him to fail, and its probably because he's black.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, CPR said:

lol, it's probably the same 3-4 posters that down vote everything that's even slightly critical towards coach.

Exactly. They're acting like it's mass campaign on the board to make the "haters" pay when it's just a few who bother to down vote 

Also, the negged "rational" post that prompted Duck Head's observation was by a poster with an anti-CWT avatar and was openly  hoping USF lost games so we'd get rid of him. Some may vote him down just for old times sake. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Or the P.C. suits at Disney needed a black guy to be on the panel too.  Don't get mad at me, this stuff happens.

I'm not mad. There may be some truth to that. Below is the full list of black head coaches in FBS.  I am glad they were all on vacation so CWT could get this opportunity to rep USF.

David Shaw, Stanford
James Franklin, Penn State
Charlie Strong, Texas
Mike Sumlin, Texas A&M
Darrell Hazel, Purdue
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt
Dino Babers, Syracuse; 
Mike Jinks, Bowling Green 
Scottie Montgomery, East Carolina.
Paul Haynes, Kent State
Everett Withers, Texas State

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

No fun having serious JTrue bring back sarcastic JTrue..

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

As an idea, it was +1,000,000. In execution, it made me ill. Wanted to hear from a lot more people than Mr. UF, like Willie! . Mr UF  needed to be gagged, I took in about 10 minutes, and left big time disappointed. Nice idea, terrible execution in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Foot, what's up man, how's life going 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Bingo.  There is nothing wrong with being an introvert.  Many great leaders in history have been introverts.  What really matters is if he has the respect of his team and they follow him.

Some of those other coaches (like the UF coach and former UF coach) sounded like used car salesmen.  They should have dressed up in an obnoxious plaid leisure suit.

Exactly.  He was clearly more thoughtful, rather than just blurting out whatever his first impressions were.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

49 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

I'm not mad. There may be some truth to that. Below is the full list of black head coaches in FBS.  I am glad they were all on vacation so CWT could get this opportunity to rep USF.

David Shaw, Stanford
James Franklin, Penn State
Charlie Strong, Texas
Mike Sumlin, Texas A&M
Darrell Hazel, Purdue
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt
Dino Babers, Syracuse; 
Mike Jinks, Bowling Green 
Scottie Montgomery, East Carolina.
Paul Haynes, Kent State
Everett Withers, Texas State

that's only 12 coaches in all FBS ~10%... Didn't realize the discrepancy so was so large considering the racial break down of the players involved in the sport. Is that list just off the top of your head or did you do some investigating?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Exactly. They're acting like it's mass campaign on the board to make the "haters" pay when it's just a few who bother to down vote 

Also, the negged "rational" post that prompted Duck Head's observation was by a poster with an anti-CWT avatar and was openly  hoping USF lost games so we'd get rid of him. Some may vote him down just for old times sake. 

disclaimer... I said, "fairly rational".

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Foot, what's up man, how's life going 

Mr. Graft, things are pretty **** good, with one exception. Kind of you to ask.

Lost about 12-15 pounds this year after I was forced to give up running (blew out a knee last year after 30+ years of running), and got back into the pool for timed twice a day laps. 3-4inches on my waist are gone. My wife is 2 years out after beating stage 3 cancer. My two sons are productive, living together on their own in O Town. They just took two of our Dalmatian rescues ( rescued them about 5 years ago from shelters, so life  is about 99% excellent.

Work is good, plentiful, and as long as I don't look at my retirement accounts balances ( thank you falling stock market that I stayed away from for years until July of 2015 )more than twice per week, I can sleep at night. My new Bourbon sampling helps that I suppose.

My only B$tch is that our 14 year Dalmatian companion is about to be given a long restful sleep which is my only issue, but my late father told me years ago, many times,  don't complain, because no one really cares. So I am enjoying the last few days with my Pal.

So overall, I am great, you? Go Bulls. Be well everyone.

• Upvote 3