• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart in film room for national championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Sad to hear about your dog Foot.  Going through the same thing with our 13 year old Lab.  Sad times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Yep, it is the only down side to having companions. Going from 3 to zero, is going to be quite the change. We'll get another, buy=t we want to honor the memory of our boy for awhile. Good luck to you and your family, as well as your Lab. Those are GREAT dogs.

My boy Kona, with our first rescue, Jack. Crazy Jack!

Jack  and Kona.JPG

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

I am not directed this at you but perhaps it is payback for all the bashing that went on in the previous years.  

All the uninformed haters would say "Taggart is the worst coach on the planet" after going 2-10.  So not only do we as fans have to endure the losses but we had to read constant negativity about the coach.  

After a little positive offense "someone else is calling the plays".

If you were one one those haters, you were flat out wrong.

(Again, not referring to you because I don't know where you stand on things frankly.)

Why are we flat out wrong? I still believe they extended him too early. The guy couldn't win for almost 2.5 years and then we miraculously catch some overrated cupcakes and get some W's (thanks to the play calling of someone not named Coach Taggart). I'm not caving to the madness on here. I haven't seen enough on here to believe Coach Taggart is the guy that will get us to the next level. Next season if we're sitting on one or two losses at the end of the year (and we have the talent to be in that position), I'll take back what I've said.

I just don't see it though with Coach Taggart. He's a great recruiter, but X's and O's "in the moment" aren't his game. People keep saying a great leader sits back and doesn't say anything... I call BS. Leaders lead and set themselves apart - they don't sit behind drawn curtains.

I'm leaning more that it was better for Coach Taggart to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

46 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

that's only 12 coaches in all FBS ~10%... Didn't realize the discrepancy so was so large considering the racial break down of the players involved in the sport. Is that list just off the top of your head or did you do some investigating?

I had to do some digging. 

Back to the original point though, if they wanted a black guy there are several at much bigger schools they could have gone with (Shaw, Strong, Sumlin) but CWT got the nod. I think it's good for him and the program regardless of how he ended up there.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I'm leaning more that it was better for Coach Taggart to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.   

Indeed.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

58 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

that's only 12 coaches in all FBS ~10%... Didn't realize the discrepancy so was so large considering the racial break down of the players involved in the sport. Is that list just off the top of your head or did you do some investigating?

The job should go to the most "qualified" coach - not the most qualified "black" coach. If you think the discrepancy is too large and you're a black coach, then do something about it. Work harder than the next coach. Learn more than the next coach. Think on your feet faster than the next coach (football is really just high stakes chess - Coach Paul Johnson, Coach James Franklin and Coach Ken N. at Navy have proven that with less talent). The opportunities will be there if you're the most qualified applicant - regardless of your skin color. And then when you get there, continue to stay hungry.

I try to surround myself with people that constantly want to win at life - regardless of what they look like. The color of a person's skin should never play a part in any conversation when it comes to making yourself better.    

Edited by The Sheriff

3 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

The job should go to the most "qualified" coach - not the most qualified "black" coach. If you think the discrepancy is too large and you're a black coach, then do something about it. Work harder than the next coach. Learn more than the next coach. Think on your feet faster than the next coach (football is really just high stakes chess - Coach Paul Johnson, Coach James Franklin and Coach Ken N. at Navy have proven that with less talent). The opportunities will be there if you're the most qualified applicant - regardless of your skin color. And then when you get there, continue to stay hungry.

I try to surround myself with people that constantly want to win at life - regardless of what they look like. The color of a person's skin should never play a part in any conversation when it comes to making yourself better.    

Unless you're working for...

Bruce Levinson; owner of the Atlanta Hawks who was forced to sell his team due to emails he sent out about "too many black people" at the games

Donald Sterling; owner of the LA Clippers who was forced to sell his team due to racial comments about his girlfriend "bringing black people to the games"

Marge Schott; owner of the Cincinnati Reds who was forced to sell her team due to racial comments about African Americans, Jews, and homosexuals.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

42 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Unless you're working for...

Bruce Levinson; owner of the Atlanta Hawks who was forced to sell his team due to emails he sent out about "too many black people" at the games

Donald Sterling; owner of the LA Clippers who was forced to sell his team due to racial comments about his girlfriend "bringing black people to the games"

Marge Schott; owner of the Cincinnati Reds who was forced to sell her team due to racial comments about African Americans, Jews, and homosexuals.

Thank you, I didn't want to have to argue this point. Ideally we would love for the whole world to just take people on credentials alone. If that were the case you would never have to network. There's a saying that a black man has to be twice as qualified as his counterparts to get the same recognition. I hope that isn't true but sometimes the beautiful "I have a dream"  world we want  to see doesn't exist yet. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Let me ask these questions.

1, How many G5 teams coaches where present?

2, How many coaches were present in all?

3, Was this event noteworthy and thus able to generate publicity for the schools of whom these participating coaches represent?

4, Did CWT embarrass himself or the University?

I'll just say this; CWT was offered a unique opportunity and he took it. Were there possible drawbacks, Yes. Did his performance embarrass the University, No. What he did do was get recognition and publicity for our University. He may not have lit it up but, he didn't come off as a ass or an wannabe know it all. He came off as humble and thoughtful. He came off as human.

I'm not the greatest CWT fan but, I will not throw stones at him for attempting to broaden his horizons and our Universities at the same time. I will give him credit for stepping outside of his comfort zone and giving it a shot. Well done CWT.

For those whom continue to doubt his abilities. There is always next year.

Edited by Azmodi
Spelling omitions

56 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Let me ask these questions.

1, How many G5 teams coaches where present?

2, How many coaches were present in all?

3, Was this event noteworthy and thus able to generate publicity for the schools of whom these participating coaches represent?

4, Did CWT embarrass himself or the University?

I'll just say this; CWT was offered a unique opportunity and he took it. Were there possible drawbacks, Yes. Did his performance embarrass the University, No. What he did do was get recognition and publicity for our University. He may not have lit it up but, he didn't come off as a ass or an wannabe know it all. He came off as humble and thoughtful. He came off as human.

I'm not the greatest CWT fan but, I will not throw stones at him for attempting to broaden his horizons and our Universities at the same time. I will give him credit for stepping outside of his comfort zone and giving it a shot. Well done CWT.

For those whom continue to doubt his abilities. There is always next year.

I don't think a single person on this board thinks CWT embarrassed himself or USF.  I don't think a single person on this board wasn't proud to see CWT representing USF.  If you got ANY of those impressions from previous posts, I think you misinterpreted them.