• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart in film room for national championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

12 hours ago, cambodia36 said:

It doesn't really seem like he's on the same level as these guys. Very much offense, but he's never seemed like he has a great deal of coaching acumen. This is why I hope USF can continue to win in spite of him, rather than because of anything he does coaching wise to win games.  

Jeez man, you got the shhit neg'd out of you for a fairly rational comment.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

21 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

CWT in the same room talking Xs and Os with coaches at UF, S Carolina, Pitt and UNC while on national tv. A recruit or 2 may think he got on stage by knowing what the eff he is doing.  One or two of our fans may come to believe the same thing.

Or the P.C. suits at Disney needed a black guy to be on the panel too.  Don't get mad at me, this stuff happens.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

12 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Willie would call his first trick play after his first first down after the half.  The other coaches said they are noting that down in case they ever play USF.  Haha!

I think that's what actually happened in the Syracuse game on the 2nd drive of the half. They got 20 yards off a fake bubble screen or so, then out came the double reverse flea flicker. 

He did nail it when Saban called a trick play at exactly the right time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

37 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Or the P.C. suits at Disney needed a black guy to be on the panel too.  Don't get mad at me, this stuff happens.

There's probably some truth to this.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

If the extroverts can recruit well... Because they tell more lies than introverts? :-)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

I can understand where he is coming from for the first sentence saying that he isn't on the same level as those guys, because if you only watched the film room and never seen him coach or talked to him before it would seem like that. What bother me is that people still believe that we are winning in spite of our coach, and that we would be better off firing him and getting a different coach. This is completely idiotic, he won 8 games this year after winning 2 and 4, there is no way that that can happen without the head coach being involved. Will Muschamp, who seemed to be the most analytical of the group, was an awful coach at Florida and didn't do much better at Auburn, but people don't think of him as a bad coach because he says everything on his mind to make him sound smart. Taggart is the reason why we are where we are, coming off an 8 win season and having a good chance to win the conference championship game next year. If you think that the players that TAGGART recruited and the coached that TAGGART brought in are winning in spite of Taggart, you hate the guy no matter what.

I thought TAGGURT was the reason we were winning :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Well aren't we lucky that there aren't any P5 Black head coaches they could have asked. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I said this in a thread last week... You can't even hint at a criticism of CWT now. 8-5 and he's bulletproof. Just leaf through a few threads:

"CWT is selling his house." +5

"I'm a little disappointed in where we are with recruiting. CWT killed it the past few years and I expected he'd be doing even better after a winning season and bowl game." -3

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

First sentence made sense and seemed rational. The rest seemed like a fact-less attack. That's how it read to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1