• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart in film room for national championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

35 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I don't think a single person on this board thinks CWT embarrassed himself or USF.  I don't think a single person on this board wasn't proud to see CWT representing USF.  If you got ANY of those impressions from previous posts, I think you misinterpreted them.

Have you read the entire thread?

Cambodian36 wrote: It doesn't really seem like he's on the same level as these guys. Very much offense, but he's never seemed like he has a great deal of coaching acumen. This is why I hope USF can continue to win in spite of him, rather than because of anything he does coaching wise to win games.

slick1ru2 wrote: I've only heard Taggart say um hum and yes. Been watching the last 10 minutes. If this is a job interview for a distant future spot on ESPN someday, not impressive.

Those posts are degrading him for his participation. They may not have said they felt embarrassed but, they implied as much. I won't argue semantics. The fact is people were posting about his performance despite the fact it was his first such engagement and that he was chosen over many others whom many deem more qualified or worthy. My point is for them to shut up and look at the event in it's entirety. Look for the beneficial effects of this event as well as the negatives before casting any disparaging remarks.

I don't post here much as it appears to be a ***** session more so then a sports forum. This is my observation and nothing else. I decided to post as I'm not really a CWT supporter but, I thought he did fine all things considered.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Unless you're working for...

Bruce Levinson; owner of the Atlanta Hawks who was forced to sell his team due to emails he sent out about "too many black people" at the games

Donald Sterling; owner of the LA Clippers who was forced to sell his team due to racial comments about his girlfriend "bringing black people to the games"

Marge Schott; owner of the Cincinnati Reds who was forced to sell her team due to racial comments about African Americans, Jews, and homosexuals.

I have to disagree with you Sellular1 on most of your points. And history backs me up.

Bruce Levinson hired Mike Woodson when he took control of the Hawks. He coached for six straight years under Levinson's tenure (Levinson ran the Hawks for 10 years). Doesn't sound like someone afraid to have a black person in a position of power (hell, Woodson didn't even start winning until his fourth season and still finished with a below .500 record over six years when his contract ended - does that seem like someone whom is racist)? Levinson's email was fuel to the fire for our race baiting liberal media. Read the email again and tell me why someone running a business isn't allowed to proffer to various races. I also enclosed another article penned by Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/atlanta-hawks-bruce-levenson-full-email

http://time.com/3296175/bruce-levenson-atlanta-hawks-racist-email-kareem-abdul-jabbar/

Donald Sterling had a black GM for 22 years of his ownership tenure and hired more black coaches than any other owner from the beginning of his tenure to the end of his tenure (six out of 17 coaches were black). I still have issues with how Sterling's drama played out illegally - regardless of his poor decision making and terrible choice of words. And we can debate it forever, but he got screwed in so many different ways between his mistress and Magic Johnson (who is definitely not innocent in this mess). Why people condoned Magic's role in all of this is beyond me - but it's no doubt the same people crying about Levenson's email.   

Now Marge Schott is a product of a generation that many of us never experienced - when segregation was alive and accepted unfortunately. She lacked a filter and everyone was fair game - it wasn't just a race issue for her (as you pointed out). The gays and Jews also got a fine taste of her medicine. She wouldn't survive in today's world as an owner - she was however forced out in the late 90's due to her views not changing with the times.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10532174/mlb-marge-schott-today-world

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Why are we flat out wrong? I still believe they extended him too early. The guy couldn't win for almost 2.5 years and then we miraculously catch some overrated cupcakes and get some W's (thanks to the play calling of someone not named Coach Taggart). I'm not caving to the madness on here. I haven't seen enough on here to believe Coach Taggart is the guy that will get us to the next level. Next season if we're sitting on one or two losses at the end of the year (and we have the talent to be in that position), I'll take back what I've said.

I just don't see it though with Coach Taggart. He's a great recruiter, but X's and O's "in the moment" aren't his game. People keep saying a great leader sits back and doesn't say anything... I call BS. Leaders lead and set themselves apart - they don't sit behind drawn curtains.

I'm leaning more that it was better for Coach Taggart to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.   

If we win 10 games next year will you admit that you were wrong?  A lot of folks didn't need to have a 10 win season slap us in the face to see that we had a good coach. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

10 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I have to disagree with you Sellular1 on most of your points. And history backs me up.

Bruce Levinson hired Mike Woodson when he took control of the Hawks. He coached for six straight years under Levinson's tenure (Levinson ran the Hawks for 10 years). Doesn't sound like someone afraid to have a black person in a position of power (hell, Woodson didn't even start winning until his fourth season and still finished with a below .500 record over six years when his contract ended - does that seem like someone whom is racist)? Levinson's email was fuel to the fire for our race baiting liberal media. Read the email again and tell me why someone running a business isn't allowed to proffer to various races. I also enclosed another article penned by Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/atlanta-hawks-bruce-levenson-full-email

http://time.com/3296175/bruce-levenson-atlanta-hawks-racist-email-kareem-abdul-jabbar/

Donald Sterling had a black GM for 22 years of his ownership tenure and hired more black coaches than any other owner from the beginning of his tenure to the end of his tenure (six out of 17 coaches were black). I still have issues with how Sterling's drama played out illegally - regardless of his poor decision making and terrible choice of words. And we can debate it forever, but he got screwed in so many different ways between his mistress and Magic Johnson (who is definitely not innocent in this mess). Why people condoned Magic's role in all of this is beyond me - but it's no doubt the same people crying about Levenson's email.   

Now Marge Schott is a product of a generation that many of us never experienced - when segregation was alive and accepted unfortunately. She lacked a filter and everyone was fair game - it wasn't just a race issue for her (as you pointed out). The gays and Jews also got a fine taste of her medicine. She wouldn't survive in today's world as an owner - she was however forced out in the late 90's due to her views not changing with the times.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10532174/mlb-marge-schott-today-world

Appreciate your opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Taggart did fine. He was a little more quiet than I expected but part of that was due to Mac trying to dominate the whole conversation. When CWT did interject he made good and thoughtful points. On multiple occasions  other coaches circled back to Willie's analysis and reinforced it. I think all of the coaches would've been far more vocal if Mac would've just shut the hell up for a second. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Thank you, I didn't want to have to argue this point. Ideally we would love for the whole world to just take people on credentials alone. If that were the case you would never have to network. There's a saying that a black man has to be twice as qualified as his counterparts to get the same recognition. I hope that isn't true but sometimes the beautiful "I have a dream"  world we want  to see doesn't exist yet. 

There's nothing wrong with arguing - however I'll argue you're incorrect in your conclusions on multiple issues if you agree with Sellular1's blanket statement. Only Marge Schott lacked diversity in her hires during her tenure. Donald Sterling and Bruce Levinson were quite the opposite and their track record proves it. Levinson leaving was a total media witch hunt fueled by the clueless left that believe all white people have an agenda against people that are a different skin color.

It has gotten real old honestly. I see it on Facebook and other social media - people talk about their personal struggle and white privilege. I can't recall someone giving me a free pass in life because of my skin color. Everyday has been a battle to make money and to separate myself from the rough neighborhood where I was raised. If others in my neighborhood didn't have the same drive to separate themselves from our rough upbringing, that's their own **** fault. I made more than both my brothers last year combined. Where is their white privilege? There isn't any. They are good people - but they've made poor choices in life and now have to live with those choices. I said it previously - surround yourself with people that want to win at life - they come in all colors. They don't make excuses and they get things done. My father-in-law told me not to make my problems his problems when I married his daughter. It's not that he wouldn't gladly help - but he wants me to take the initiative to figure things out on my own first - that's how he was raised and that's the expectation that has been placed in front of us as we move forward in life.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

If we win 10 games next year will you admit that you were wrong?  A lot of folks didn't need to have a 10 win season slap us in the face to see that we had a good coach. 

I'll never understand the asking of posters to admit they were wrong, or the people that come on here to brag about how they said something 2 years ago and they were right, eat crow type of crowd. It's a dang sports message board. Who cares who's right and who's wrong. I like the posters that dislike Taggart that can back up why they don't like him. I also like the posters who love Taggart and can explain why. I'm still in the middle crowd of I don't love, but don't hate Taggart. I don't really know where I'm going with this point, but I had a point in the beginning.

15 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

I definitely would admit I'm wrong. Same goes for the Woulard argument that I won't back down from. I believe he truly gives us the better chance to get to 10 wins with his height, accuracy and mobility. Q Flowers was great this season - but his inaccuracy will be the undoing of what can be a tremendous season next year. Leavitt always said if you have a frosh and a senior of similar talent, you start the frosh. I'm hoping Taggart believes in that same coach speak.

Edited by The Sheriff

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I definitely would admit I'm wrong. Same goes for the Woulard argument that I won't back down from. I believe he truly gives us the better chance to get to 10 wins with his height, accuracy and mobility. Q Flowers was great this season - but his inaccuracy will be the undoing of what can be a tremendous season next year. Leavitt always said if you have a frosh and a senior of similar talent, you start the frosh. I'm hoping Taggart believes in that same coach speak.

I understand and agree with your argument about letting the best player start, which I personally think is Flowers but nobody really knows yet, but the frosh-senior doesn't really work since Flowers is a Junior and Woulard is a Sophomore, so they are only 1 year apart. I'm confident that Taggart will lead us to a 10 win season, but I understand if you aren't convinced with him yet. He still has a lot to prove, but I expect him to do so.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,565
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

disclaimer... I said, "fairly rational".

Duly noted ...