• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart in film room for national championship

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

44 minutes ago, cambodia36 said:

It's an echo chamber of only "Willie is the greatest thing to happen to football since the advent of the forward pass" type comments, or be besieged by -1's and hater references. 

Go ahead and neg this too then. 

Nah, it's really simply an echo chamber of "Willie may not be the anti-Christ and things are looking better now than they did a year ago" .... And look at you with 2 upvotes. Hb and the Sheriff have apparently found out what those buttons are for.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He's up to 3. It's getting rowdy.

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

At the end of the day, I feel good posting what I post.  It's far better than whining about downvotes and making posts that ooze with contempt for CWT.  

And I'm in this thread because yes, I support the job CWT has done of late, and its clear that others are still making up things to criticize him for.  

Mostly though, I'm in here because this is absolutely the most entertaining thread to me right now.  And given the topic, yeah, I'm supportive of CWT.  If you are tired of threads where people post in support of him, start a new one that has nothing to do with him.  I just hope it's interesting.

And if you are aware of any new people that I'm inhibiting from posting their thoughts, let me know and I'll be happy to apologize to them in a PM and get to know them better.

Is it really far better? No one seems to mind my joking about CWT. Well, almost no one. And as for my contempt for CWT, I like him a lot more now that he's getting paid millions of dollars to win games. When he was getting his ass handed to him regularly the previous two seasons, I enjoyed watching him coach far less. It's weird how my feelings towards how well a coach is doing goes hand in hand with the coach's ability to coach. 

2013 - I didn't think CWT was doing a very good job and I did not like him.

2014 - I liked him a little bit more.

2015 - I started out the year liking him about as much as I did in 2014. Then I started liking him more.

2016 - I imagine I'll start the year liking him as much as I did in 2015. If he keeps winning, I'll like him more. If he loses, I'll probably like him less.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

ZOMG THIS THREAD LOL

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Those who were unwavering in support of Taggart (I don't include myself in this group, I wavered) were absolutely redeemed this year.  There is no need for "Taggart fans" to scramble at all.  Sorry to break it to you but he's our coach for the foreseeable future. 

Does this experience include your certainty just a few short months ago that Taggart would be fired this year?  And I'm very proud of you for moving from absolute statements regarding Taggart's future to predictions.  That's definitely a sign of returning rationality on your part and should be commended.

When that prediction was provided, he absolutely....positively, had one foot out the door.  You can believe me or not, but those are facts.  He finished the regular season on a positive trend and then the defense and offense devolved into the same sand-lot game we saw at the beginning of the season in their bowl game.  I was there and watched the whole thing unfold.

With that said, we certainly have more indications, through recent history, that the glowing results some of you expect may not come.  Does that mean I want him to fail, HELL NO, I am a USF Bull first and foremost, but that also means I value the university, its students, its alumni, the donors, and even the fans well above highly paid coaches and administrators!!  I hope he succeeds (and touches the moon...not literally chaps) so that no one can second guess Harlan's decision (yeah, that includes me too!!) to extend Willie while he had two full years on the current contract.

We may disagree on the best path forward but I do believe we all have the best interests of USF and USF Athletics when we discuss things on this board.

Edited by hbryan
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Nah, it's really simply an echo chamber of "Willie may not be the anti-Christ and things are looking better now than they did a year ago" .... And look at you with 2 upvotes. Hb and the Sheriff have apparently found out what those buttons are for.

Lurking and stalking.........I'm unsurprised that TB continues to make this a personal war.  A lack of couth is not a positive trait TB and you seem to want to direct vitriol in my direction at any and all opportunities. I worry for your health and well-being and hope you'll try and be a little more even handed and less harpy than in years past.  It will benefit you immensely.

Good day and good health to you in the New Year and beyond!!

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Is it really far better? No one seems to mind my joking about CWT. Well, almost no one. And as for my contempt for CWT, I like him a lot more now that he's getting paid millions of dollars to win games. When he was getting his ass handed to him regularly the previous two seasons, I enjoyed watching him coach far less. It's weird how my feelings towards how well a coach is doing goes hand in hand with the coach's ability to coach. 

2013 - I didn't think CWT was doing a very good job and I did not like him.

2014 - I liked him a little bit more.

2015 - I started out the year liking him about as much as I did in 2014. Then I started liking him more.

2016 - I imagine I'll start the year liking him as much as I did in 2015. If he keeps winning, I'll like him more. If he loses, I'll probably like him less.

I never realized how incredibly shallow you are ...

25 minutes ago, hbryan said:

Lurking and stalking.........I'm unsurprised that TB continues to make this a personal war.  A lack of couth is not a positive trait TB and you seem to want to direct vitriol in my direction at any and all opportunities. I worry for your health and well-being and hope you'll try and be a little more even handed and less harpy than in years past.  It will benefit you immensely.

Good day and good health to you in the New Year and beyond!!

That made me chuckle .... I must admit that at some point in your hiatus from here, you were apparently hit with the couth gun ...  kind of creeping me out.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

True mightbe my favorite bullspenner. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, DELdaBull said: