• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This team has a chance to be the greatest USF team in history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

And the board is out of control....greatest team....fire CWT...extend CWT contract....fire Antigua.....you guys are a real hoot.  I am excited we have a chance to play for the conference championship and since the 4th game of the season have really done a good job on offense and if you think winning the American makes this the best team in USF history I can see where you are going but to think this team would beat CJL's teams is pretty funny.

It just seems out of control because the barrage of pessimism is now accompanied by optimism (even if most opinions are overly optimistic. I, for one, am happy to see some ridiculously optimistic posts and even posted one for kicks about getting into the Peach Bowl. It is so refreshing to feel energy and spirit around the football team again. I have casual sports fan friends reaching out to me to finally start coming to the games/tailgates again! I'm going to ride the positive vibes wave as long as it is going, because the second we fall it will be back to unadulterated pessimism with a sprinkle of realistic opinions here and there. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

And the board is out of control....greatest team....fire CWT...extend CWT contract....fire Antigua.....you guys are a real hoot.  I am excited we have a chance to play for the conference championship and since the 4th game of the season have really done a good job on offense and if you think winning the American makes this the best team in USF history I can see where you are going but to think this team would beat CJL's teams is pretty funny.

admittedly most are insane here starting with me

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Yep. Eighteen years is a long time to sit in those seats, week-in, week-out. The abysmal years did a lot of damage. It's not like we ever set the world on fire, but it was never sheer torture as the recent past was. That being said, turning the team around warrants merit, but the jury is still out on 'greatest ever'. All it takes is a loss to Cinci or - dare I say it - UCF, and the word 'great' will be nowhere to be found. 

just like life

it cant all go to crap in a second

enjoy the journey

remember we were ranked number 2 and leavit had no answer for ray rice and we were crushed

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

just like life

enjoy the journey

remember we were ranked number 2 and leavit had no answer for ray rice and we were crushed

Or the refs hehe

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

just like life

enjoy the journey

Ray Rice beat Leavitt and USF the way he beats women.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

One game at a time folks...one game at a time.  This talk is bad mojo.  But yea this team could win a conference championship and 10 games still but its one game at a time.  If this team does run the table I will agree to one of the top 5 for sure and maybe top 3.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Ah, I fall into the category of newer fan I suppose. I was in school and went to all the games, being in the band, but didn't pay nearly as much attention then as I do now. I remember being disappointed and wondering if my team was drunk during the bowl game because of how bad the score was. Thank you for the quick history lesson. 

They were drunk I believe. At least, I was actually told this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Now that you mention it I remember hearing the same thing. I know they looked it. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

Let's bump this thread. I think we need to seriously think about this now.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'm thinking this is the second USF team that will help Tubberville get canned.