• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

This team has a chance to be the greatest USF team in history

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Told us we have turned the corner and are a bowl team, was more referring to the OP and if we can get to the American championship game.

I didn't realize that you meant which bowl game and the part about getting to the Championship game.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Sometimes I wish we had a time machine to see some of these head to head coaching and team match ups. I didn't get here until 2006 but I see a team that's full on both sides of the ball. There isn't one person carrying us on either side, I personally don't remember seeing any team of ours this balanced and young in the past. There's a reason there's a love fest for Grothe, he carried the team on the offensive side. BJ did much of the same. Has there ever been a team this well balanced in USF's history?  I would love to see them match up, especially since I never remember a team of ours during towards the end, we normally limped into the end of the season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Randy, please stop with the positive posts immediately. We all know exactly what you are trying to do. Please post something about firing Taggart, hating on Flowers, overpriced tickets, anything negative really. If you truly care about USF football you will immediately cease with the positive posts! 

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

No extension yet.  We only want coaches who want to be here.  That being said, wait until end of year 4 and evaluate at that time.  If he really wants to coach here, he should still be available.  If not, then move on.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

It's not that simple ^ not giving him at least a two year extension would hurt recruiting. And honestly I think he deserves it at this point

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

No extension yet.  We only want coaches who want to be here.  That being said, wait until end of year 4 and evaluate at that time.  If he really wants to coach here, he should still be available.  If not, then move on.

You extend coaching contracts so that the coach can continue to recruit at the highest level possible. You never want a lame duck in place as that can be used against us by schools recruiting the same players. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sometimes I wish we had a time machine to see some of these head to head coaching and team match ups. I didn't get here until 2006 but I see a team that's full on both sides of the ball. There isn't one person carrying us on either side, I personally don't remember seeing any team of ours this balanced and young in the past. There's a reason there's a love fest for Grothe, he carried the team on the offensive side. BJ did much of the same. Has there ever been a team this well balanced in USF's history?  I would love to see them match up, especially since I never remember a team of ours during towards the end, we normally limped into the end of the season. 

the thing about those early teams and why I feel that Leavitt and a lot of those guys you mentioned, plus guys like Marquel, Kawika, Ant Henry, etc and then especially into the Big East era with Hall then Grothe is those teams were almost always playing with the majority of players that were recruited to play a level below where they were recruited to play. That created a lot of depth issues. That's why it always seemed like we were just a player or two away. 

The difference in this team and hopefully what it can be, is that we haven't jumped up a level in competition so we are recruiting at a consistently higher level and playing at that level. (Talking about competition wise, not the quality of play in recent years)  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

It's not that simple ^ not giving him at least a two year extension would hurt recruiting. And honestly I think he deserves it at this point

I would agree. We will have at worst a 7 win season. He has earned an extension.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

You extend coaching contracts so that the coach can continue to recruit at the highest level possible. You never want a lame duck in place as that can be used against us by schools recruiting the same players. 

But he still has two years left. While I think he's earned the consideration, I still don't believe that we have to rush into extending. And I don't think it will have much of an impact on this years recruiting class.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

This team had a chance to be the greatest USF team in history .... Nice job, Randy. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1