• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I think disastrous would be if we look like we did last season and early this season.  If we're competitive and just get beat at Navy, ECU, and Temple and beat UCF, I think he sticks around.

Yea, I think this sums it up.

I think we may have turned some kind of corner.  I am not saying we are ready to go on a Memphis tear (yet) but I think we all might consider adjusting our expectations for game outcomes.

The team seems to have turned the corner on the winning attitude thing - maybe the fan base should follow suit.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

As long as we don't have to play from more than one score down, I think we will be ok.  But, if we go into the fourth quarter down my 14+, I worry.  

I worry about time of possession.. We are not a very good time of possession team anyway and with their constant flow of cut blocks and run plays our defense could get worn out by the fourth qtr. Thankfully we're playing this at the end of October and not August when we'd be battling the heat too because I don't trust our offense to be able to keep their offense off the field. Even if we're close if we don't maintain some type of equality in time of possession we're going to get tired and their going to eat us up by the end of the game.

Edited by adphill2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

Although six wins make us bowl eligible it may not be enough  I think that we need 7 wins in order to go to a bowl. Any less than six wins will end CWT's coaching job at USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I hope we keep winning and CWT earns his welcome back for next year.  That would be the best outcome for all of us.

For most of us ...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Although six wins make us bowl eligible it may not be enough  I think that we need 7 wins in order to go to a bowl. Any less than six wins will end CWT's coaching job at USF.

Unless the FAMU game will not count toward bowl eligibility (which I haven't read anywhere that it won't) we should be bowling with 6 wins. There are 6 direct bowl tie-ins that have to take an AAC team before taking an at-large. The most bowl eligible teams the conference will have is 7. The only scenario in which we get left out is if all 7 teams become bowl eligible and the AAC Champion doesn't get the at-large College Football Playoff spot. In that scenario, there is still a possibility that the team could be invited as an at-large to fill-in at another bowl if all 80 slots are not filled. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

This is just yet another reason we should all hope that Taggart is able to do well the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think we have a good enough team to win 6+ games this season and I really want to see how CWT recruits after a 6 plus win season.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Taggart just needs 2 wins to secure another season. If he finishes 1-4 then it will depend on how competive we are. If all 3-4 losses are blowouts he's gone. Keep all 4 games within 10 and he might get another year

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

I think its more than how many more wins we have the rest of the year or not that will determine if Taggs gets to stay. I suspect that the "Off the field issues" may be the final nail in his USF career.   Just a hunch.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,078
  • Days Won:  2

The AAC will have 7-8 bowl slots...if we win 6 games we are going to a bowl.