• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/26/9612872/al-golden-george-oleary-miami-ucf-coaches-fired

This is what I feared.  If CWT is let go, we will be in a heck of a battle for a coach.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Well, you can most likely rest your fears, as he has shown enough progress to get another year. Barring an absolutely disastrous stretch run, I can't foresee him not getting one more year. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I hope we keep winning and CWT earns his welcome back for next year.  That would be the best outcome for all of us.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

Well, you can most likely rest your fears, as he has shown enough progress to get another year. Barring an absolutely disastrous stretch run, I can't foresee him not getting one more year. 

Would only winning one more game (UCF) count as disastrous?  Because that is a very real possibility.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Would only winning one more game (UCF) count as disastrous?  Because that is a very real possibility.  

I think disastrous would be if we look like we did last season and early this season.  If we're competitive and just get beat at Navy, ECU, and Temple and beat UCF, I think he sticks around.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

It's odd to post this while we are on a 3 game winning streak, and 2 wins away from a bowl (with 5 games left).

hard to see us going 1-4 at this point, but if that happens then we probably should get a new coach.

• Upvote 3

I think it would depend how we looked on the field. If we are getting outplayed and out-coached in every facet of the game, then that is problematic and his position should be reevaluated. If we continue to show signs of improvement and just come up short against better teams, then I think he will have done enough to earn another season. The difference between now and last season is night and day. I think the team will only improve next year. If we were a senior-laden team with most of our playmakers graduating, it would be a different story. Being so young at virtually every skill position, I think we have to give him one more year to see what he can do with upperclassmen.  

I think this debate will be moot, as I see us winning at least one of the ECU/Cincy/Temple games, and also throttling UCiF to finish bowl eligible. 

• Upvote 1

I think this debate will be moot, as I see us winning at least one of the ECU/Cincy/Temple games, and also throttling UCiF to finish bowl eligible. 

I would rather just get two more wins before the UCF game.  I really don't want our bowl eligibility riding on it.  

• Upvote 1

I would rather just get two more wins before the UCF game.  I really don't want our bowl eligibility riding on it.  

You, me, and everybody else on here feels the exact same way. As I have said in another thread, if we can find a way to beat Navy, I like how we match-up against every other team remaining on our schedule from a scheme and athletic standpoint. At the very least, I would expect us to be in each game with a chance to win in the 4th quarter. 

• Upvote 1

You, me, and everybody else on here feels the exact same way. As I have said in another thread, if we can find a way to beat Navy, I like how we match-up against every other team remaining on our schedule from a scheme and athletic standpoint. At the very least, I would expect us to be in each game with a chance to win in the 4th quarter. 

As long as we don't have to play from more than one score down, I think we will be ok.  But, if we go into the fourth quarter down my 14+, I worry.