• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Unless the FAMU game will not count toward bowl eligibility (which I haven't read anywhere that it won't) we should be bowling with 6 wins. There are 6 direct bowl tie-ins that have to take an AAC team before taking an at-large. The most bowl eligible teams the conference will have is 7. The only scenario in which we get left out is if all 7 teams become bowl eligible and the AAC Champion doesn't get the at-large College Football Playoff spot. In that scenario, there is still a possibility that the team could be invited as an at-large to fill-in at another bowl if all 80 slots are not filled. 

Not going to happen! There are four bowls in Florida. As soon as we get six wins one will want an in state team at their bowl. Winning six is all that it will take...no debate.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Not going to happen! There are four bowls in Florida. As soon as we get six wins one will want an in state team at their bowl. Winning six is all that it will take...no debate.

There is actually large debate about this.  For example, the St. Pete Bowl (or whatever it is) prefers to have fan bases come that will buy hotel rooms and such, USF fans will not.  

There is actually large debate about this.  For example, the St. Pete Bowl (or whatever it is) prefers to have fan bases come that will buy hotel rooms and such, USF fans will not.  

Not buying it. Yes they want one away team for hotels but one local for butts in seat. No way USF gets shutout. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Not buying it. Yes they want one away team for hotels but one local for butts in seat. No way USF gets shutout. 

I do not believe they would either; however, proximity to a bowl is not a factor considered to be enticing, per my understanding.  

I do not believe they would either; however, proximity to a bowl is not a factor considered to be enticing, per my understanding.  

Your point is certainly valid but more applicable to established bowls. For example in 2007 we should have been in the Gator Bowl but they allowed the Sun Bowl to exercise their option. The Gator Bowl did not think USF would make much of an economic impact. However, for bowls like the one on Boca, St. Pete, etc. they also need ticket revenue for $ and tv perception. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, negron2002 said:

Although six wins make us bowl eligible it may not be enough  I think that we need 7 wins in order to go to a bowl. Any less than six wins will end CWT's coaching job at USF.

The AAC will have 7-8 bowl slots...if we win 6 games we are going to a bowl.

Even if we didn't go to a bowl, 6 wins coupled with the WAY we've been playing...CWT is safe. Apis is right.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I think disastrous would be if we look like we did last season and early this season.  If we're competitive and just get beat at Navy, ECU, and Temple and beat UCF, I think he sticks around.

No way!!!  Only 5 wins and CWT is GONE!!!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/26/9612872/al-golden-george-oleary-miami-ucf-coaches-fired

This is what I feared.  If CWT is let go, we will be in a heck of a battle for a coach.  

So if the team sucks, we should keep CWT because we don't want to battle for a coach?

What?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No way!!!  Only 5 wins and CWT is GONE!!!

You sure about that?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I think its more than how many more wins we have the rest of the year or not that will determine if Taggs gets to stay. I suspect that the "Off the field issues" may be the final nail in his USF career.   Just a hunch.

You hit that Nail right on the head. To much going on "off the field" that needs to be taken into account if his W-L record is questionable. 

• Upvote 1