• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big Ten Counting Games against Cincinnati & UConn as P5 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

IU received an exception from the league to count Connecticut (2019, 2020) and Cincinnati (2021, 2022), both members of the American Athletic Conference, as "Power Five" opponents.

"We looked at their RPI for the last five or six years," said Mark Rudner, the Big Ten's senior associate commissioner. "If someone comes to us with a request, we'll evaluate it. That's what happened with these two. Those seemed to fit."

Rudner said teams such as Notre Dame, an independent, obviously fit the spirit of the rule, which is to increase the level of competition.

Rudner said Big Ten has denied one request for an exemption and accepted another. He declined to name the schools."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...en-conference-scheduling-jim-delany/32552461/

I wonder if we are the school that got declined... Or accepted. Should know soon as the Illinois home / home series starts 2017 and we still have Wisconsin if they didn't cancel, I can't remember... Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

Lord

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

IU received an exception from the league to count Connecticut (2019, 2020) and Cincinnati (2021, 2022), both members of the American Athletic Conference, as "Power Five" opponents.

"We looked at their RPI for the last five or six years," said Mark Rudner, the Big Ten's senior associate commissioner. "If someone comes to us with a request, we'll evaluate it. That's what happened with these two. Those seemed to fit."

Rudner said teams such as Notre Dame, an independent, obviously fit the spirit of the rule, which is to increase the level of competition.

Rudner said Big Ten has denied one request for an exemption and accepted another. He declined to name the schools."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...en-conference-scheduling-jim-delany/32552461/

I wonder if we are the school that got declined... Or accepted. Should know soon as the Illinois home / home series starts 2017 and we still have Wisconsin if they didn't cancel, I can't remember...

The scheduling requirement mandates that 1 game each year be against a P5 school. Illinois still has an open spot on their schedules in 2017 and 2018 for a P5 OOC game. It is not clear whether or not they requested USF to be a waiver game. They will be playing 9 conference games in 2017 (and likely beyond). 

We should also be concerned about Wisconsin backing out of the 2019 game, as they already have 2 other home games scheduled for that season. The only saving grace with that one is that it is a labor day weekend game and I would guess that they would like to give their local alums and their fans a chance to go to a game in the Sunshine State and make a long weekend out of it. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

the-fat-swedish-lady-sings-saab-is-toast

Thanks Sellular. That gave me a good laugh in an otherwise depressing thread.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Time to permanently go back to the kiddie table.

I'll have a PB&J and a juice box please

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Rudner said Big Ten has denied one request for an exemption and accepted another. He declined to name the schools."http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...en-conference-scheduling-jim-delany/32552461/

I wonder if we are the school that got declined... Or accepted. Should know soon as the Illinois home / home series starts 2017 and we still have Wisconsin if they didn't cancel, I can't remember...

The scheduling requirement mandates that 1 game each year be against a P5 school. Illinois still has an open spot on their schedules in 2017 and 2018 for a P5 OOC game. It is not clear whether or not they requested USF to be a waiver game. They will be playing 9 conference games in 2017 (and likely beyond). 

We should also be concerned about Wisconsin backing out of the 2019 game, as they already have 2 other home games scheduled for that season. The only saving grace with that one is that it is a labor day weekend game and I would guess that they would like to give their local alums and their fans a chance to go to a game in the Sunshine State and make a long weekend out of it.

The Illinois series probably won't get cancelled because they stink. They've had 4 winning seasons the last 15 years and 2 of those 4 were (7-6). Wisky on the other hand strives to win. They will drop us in a heartbeat if they feel there's any chance of us hurting their OCC SOS. They can easily afford it too.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

the-fat-swedish-lady-sings-saab-is-toast

Thanks Sellular. That gave me a good laugh in an otherwise depressing thread.

Sellular has been dialed in lately! +1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Basketball RPI's maybe ....