• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s Hassan Childs Injured In Overnight Shooting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Lets wait and see, just glad he's OK

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Will Smith did have a gun in his car. That might not be the best analogy.

And Child's had one on him according to the story on ESPNs front page. 

Spokesperson Lt. Steve Lee described the incident as "possibly road rage in which Childs and another individual got into an argument and each person had a gun, and Childs was shot several times."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19008905/university-south-florida-defensive-back-hassan-childs-injured-shooting-incident-saturday

does not mean he pulled it though. Smith was walking back to his car when he was shot in the back; was he getting his gun? Maybe maybe not.  Just like at this moment I have no idea if Childs pulled his out or just had one on him/in his car. The incidents seem pretty close to me personally. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Relieved to hear Hassan is in stable condition.  I'm definitely waiting to hear more details on this one...it stinks of the seaside...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

He threw away his future because he couldn't control his attitude. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

And Child's had one on him according to the story on ESPNs front page. 

Spokesperson Lt. Steve Lee described the incident as "possibly road rage in which Childs and another individual got into an argument and each person had a gun, and Childs was shot several times."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19008905/university-south-florida-defensive-back-hassan-childs-injured-shooting-incident-saturday

does not mean he pulled it though. Smith was walking back to his car when he was shot in the back; was he getting his gun? Maybe maybe not.  Just like at this moment I have no idea if Childs pulled his out or just had one on him/in his car. The incidents seem pretty close to me personally. 

Obviously it's still pretty early, but reports so far indicate he may have pulled it first:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/usf-football-player-shot-at-tampa-apartment-complex/2317982

"About 11:15 p.m. Saturday, police received a call from a man later identified as Jovanni Jimenez, 26, saying that a man, later identified as Childs, pointed a gun at Jimenez and his wife and child at the Eagles Point Apartments at Tampa Palms, 14551 N 46th St."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Hard for me to see a guy riding with his wife and kid being the aggressor but who knows?

A normal guy, you're probably right but I'm guessing someone with a possible temper problem, it wouldn't matter that his family was with him ...

Jimenez was arrested two years ago on misdemeanor domestic violence charges, but wasn't prosecuted, according to Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office records. He was arrested in February 2012 on misdemeanor charges of opposing an officer without violence, and later pleaded no contest.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You always have to wait for the dust to settle and the facts to come out in these kind of situations. It's does seem weird to me that if Childs is brandishing a firearm first and he doesn't get a single shot off in this situation. Regardless, it's a stupid situation to put yourself in... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

The price of pride is not always worth it. Both of these guys worlds are now turned upside down, over what again? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Rule one; never point a weapon unless you intend to kill. Rule two; never fire a warning shot 

i cannot see how this situation warranted breaking these rules

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Rule one; never point a weapon unless you intend to kill. Rule two; never fire a warning shot 

i cannot see how this situation warranted breaking these rules

How do you know? For as badass as you sound with this post, you weren't there.