• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

@USFCollin has already conceded the 2015 season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I don't put much onus into anything that comes out of Voodoo five.  They use to trash CJL... were all over his being fired actually.  And I remember many articles like this http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/9/30/3431528/florida-state-30-usf-17-b-j-daniels-is-electric.  I mean to be honest, those writers know about as much as we do about the team and a few of them know less.  They have been trashing USF for years.  I never joined any sites so I'm not sure if anyone else noticed it... but voodoo five is pretty much a trash USF site.  I used the BJ article because I thought it would add a little special flavor because I think people mis-remember how BJ was treated during his time.  

I agree with this.

I try to look at USF sports without green/gold goggles. 

When I first heard about the VD5 site several years back, I was glad that someone is trying to put something together to cover USF sports.

After reading a few articles, I very rarely (maybe 3 times?) have gone back.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The name of the site should give you a pretty good idea where Collin stands. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The guys at Voodoofive have nothing better to whine about since Woolard is gone.

The team may or may not be just as horrible this upcoming season. However, to simply base it on what was seen during a spring game when the actual mechanics of a new offense has just been put into practice just a couple of weeks before is just silly.

Perhaps the QB play will just as bad, but if the offense can create some space for Mack, Tice, etc and if Flowers can bring a threat with his legs we may be just good enough to win 6 games.

The point is why give up before you have even see what this team, especially the offense, will actually look like?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,961
  • Days Won:  12

It's because of all the accomplishments of the past that no one can tolerate being so inconceivably bad for so long, and still having NO evidence of improvement.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

Just excited about this year as something will have to give. Either CWT gets USF to a bowl game or he will be fired at seasons end.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I'm betting on our defense to be better this year. So if our offense even puts up mediocre numbers...which I think it can with Mack and flowers being mobile, we have a chance to hit 7 wins. And 7 wins is good because we need to keep rebuilding and give the team, the fans, the recruits, hope. If we can start believing again, we can own the AAC and be an underdog in the national scene. And as we all know USF prides itself in being the underdog.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The guys at Voodoofive have nothing better to whine about since Woolard is gone.

The team may or may not be just as horrible this upcoming season. However, to simply base it on what was seen during a spring game when the actual mechanics of a new offense has just been put into practice just a couple of weeks before is just silly.

Perhaps the QB play will just as bad, but if the offense can create some space for Mack, Tice, etc and if Flowers can bring a threat with his legs we may be just good enough to win 6 games.

The point is why give up before you have even see what this team, especially the offense, will actually look like?

Because he got a lot more clicks on his little blog by posting that.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm betting on our defense to be better this year. So if our offense even puts up mediocre numbers...which I think it can with Mack and flowers being mobile, we have a chance to hit 7 wins. And 7 wins is good because we need to keep rebuilding and give the team, the fans, the recruits, hope. If we can start believing again, we can own the AAC and be an underdog in the national scene. And as we all know USF prides itself in being the underdog.

It's a long way from our offense the last two years (120th ranked or so) to mediocre (65? 60?). Remaking our offense so that it improves enough to be middle of the pack means adding about 100+ yards per game or so. I just don't see it. Whether it's because our head coach has no experience running the offense he's installed, we don't have the personnel yet, 100 yards a game is an insane amount of growth to ask from any team...pick one. They're all valid reasons to be skeptical.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Because he got a lot more clicks on his little blog by posting that.

Bingo!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I think the article was written by Taggart....its a perfect ploy, get everyone underestimating the team and then win 6 get in a bowl and get an extension. I hope it works! In the meantime, USF BASEBALL is still going on......and all you asshats who were waiting to see how we did against UConn, had better show up this weekend and root the team onto a sweep of the purple pirates.