• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

@USFCollin has already conceded the 2015 season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

I think the article was written by Taggart....its a perfect ploy, get everyone underestimating the team and then win 6 get in a bowl and get an extension. I hope it works! In the meantime, USF BASEBALL is still going on......and all you asshats who were waiting to see how we did against UConn, had better show up this weekend and root the team onto a sweep of the purple pirates.

Well said!!

Team has very questionable pitching as displayed this evening against FIU.

Yeah i dont know what it is with baseball and losing to less talented teams during the week.  If it is like last week though I will take it winning 2 out of 3 against ECU.  I feel this team has a chance to make the postseason, but we shall see, I still think 50/50 if we will or have a let down at the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

What this program needs is passion

Which is manifested in many different ways ...

Unacceptable. It must be manifested in a specific way!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

What this program needs is passion

What this program needs is wins...decisive ones.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'll take 6 lucky ones this year.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159

This is my takeaway from all of spring ball.... Even with Flowers. People are missing the obvious it seems. I think we will be able to run the ball and run well.  I think we could have the best 3 deep RB in the conference, and with Flowers legs, we just need him to not turn the ball over.  I think we will get into the end zone often enough to win at least 6 games.  I mean I see positives and negatives... but it's a spring game.  Mack, Tice, and Johnson are a proven commodity.  Those guys  can run and break big plays.  We just need to solidify five guys up front and I think we're on our way to doing that.  With the emergence of that guy Hall... 6'5 330 Guard and add to that Thor and Ruff... or perhaps a Threatt, when Bethel arrives our point of contention will be the right Tackle.  The read option and Flowers legs will open up running room.  I know he was only 6-17 124 yards... but no ints and that wind I think that's was what was to be expected.  I think we focus so much on the negative we miss the obvious.  We are a running spread team and not a passing spread team.  Also I suspect different play calling in the redzone,  such as QB draws etc.  I think we should be fine with more reps by august.  I think Flowers is built in the mold of Grothe and Daniels.  I think we are in a good spot right now.

Go Bulls 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/new-49ers-head-coach-gets-a-little-grunty-in-his-first-interview-231453338.html

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Flower's spring passing line reminds me of this game:

South Florida Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR B. Daniels 8/21 215 10.2 2 2

Anyone remember that game?

Flower's spring passing line reminds me of this game:

South Florida Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR B. Daniels 8/21 215 10.2 2 2

Anyone remember that game?

I think that was the FSU game, wasn't it?  He rushed for like a 100 yards, too.  I could be wrong, too.

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I think the article was written by Taggart....its a perfect ploy, get everyone underestimating the team and then win 6 get in a bowl and get an extension. I hope it works! In the meantime, USF BASEBALL is still going on......and all you asshats who were waiting to see how we did against UConn, had better show up this weekend and root the team onto a sweep of the purple pirates.

Well said!!

Yeah i dont know what it is with baseball and losing to less talented teams during the week.  If it is like last week though I will take it winning 2 out of 3 against ECU.  I feel this team has a chance to make the postseason, but we shall see, I still think 50/50 if we will or have a let down at the end of the season.

Seriously, questionable pitching? You cannot make that statement and say you have seen any game this year. This kind of negative ******** is what kills me.

Fine, lets discuss, Team ERA = 3.94, WHIP = 1.42, K/BB = 1.89 K/9ip = 8.98

Now lets look at the guys who are barely used 1-5 appearances each

Adel, Clarkson, Hernandez, Savarese and Brandon Murray. These guys account for only 4.5% of the total number of innings pitched (13.2/301.2)

Group1 ERA = 15.81, WHIP = 2.86, K/BB = 0.47 K/9ip = 4.61

Remove these guys from the above numbers and

Team ERA = 3.38, WHIP = 1.35, K/BB = 2.04 K/9ip = 9.19

The point here is a small handful of pitchers have had a huge impact on ERA, but lets go further.

Now lets look at the guys who have 6-10 appearances each

Cavallero, Herget, Mulholland, Eveld, and Lawson These guys account for 60.7 % of the innings pitched (183/301.2) 

Group ERA = 3.98 WHIP = 1.39, K/BB = 1.88 K/9ip = 8.40

Nothing to write home about.....but lets look at the third group and then we can get back to this one.

Now lets look at the guys who have +10 appearances each

Farley, Peterson, Valdes, Strittmatter These guys account for 34.8 % of the innings pitched (105/301.2) 

Group ERA = 2.31 WHIP = 1.28, K/BB = 2.32 K/9ip = 10.54

Whoa, that is crazy good numbers there but Im not done

Combining these four guys from group 3 with Cavallero, Herget, Mulholland from group 2 and we get

Group ERA = 2.60 WHIP = 1.23, K/BB = 2.25 K/9ip = 9.41

So? You say. So, I say, those 7 guys with a team era of 2.6 and a record of 19-7 account for almost 80% of all innings pitched. How can there be no consistency when 80% of the innings have these kind of numbers.

You wanna complain about the mid-week losses. They don't matter. Really, they don't. MId-week games are exhibition games that count int he standings. You try to win them but they are development games for the future starters on this team. Perhaps if Valdes continues to shine on Sundays and Cavallero comes back from whatever reason he is not pitching and the season starts dwindling, you'll see one of the two starting mid-weeks games. But in the meantime, expect the Lawson/Eveld development to continue.

And watch a game or two before letting your airhole loose.

Edited by cophbulls

Well said!!

Seriously, questionable pitching? You cannot make that statement and say you have seen any game this year. This kind of negative ******** is what kills me.

Fine, lets discuss, Team ERA = 3.94, WHIP = 1.42, K/BB = 1.89 K/9ip = 8.98

Now lets look at the guys who are barely used 1-5 appearances each

Adel, Clarkson, Hernandez, Savarese and Brandon Murray. These guys account for only 4.5% of the total number of innings pitched (13.2/301.2)

Group1 ERA = 15.81, WHIP = 2.86, K/BB = 0.47 K/9ip = 4.61

Remove these guys from the above numbers and

Team ERA = 3.38, WHIP = 1.35, K/BB = 2.04 K/9ip = 9.19

The point here is a small handful of pitchers have had a huge impact on ERA, but lets go further.

Now lets look at the guys who have 6-10 appearances each

Cavallero, Herget, Mulholland, Eveld, and Lawson These guys account for 60.7 % of the innings pitched (183/301.2) 

Group ERA = 3.98 WHIP = 1.39, K/BB = 1.88 K/9ip = 8.40

Nothing to write home about.....but lets look at the third group and then we can get back to this one.

Now lets look at the guys who have +10 appearances each

Farley, Peterson, Valdes, Strittmatter These guys account for 34.8 % of the innings pitched (105/301.2) 

Group ERA = 2.31 WHIP = 1.28, K/BB = 2.32 K/9ip = 10.54

Whoa, that is crazy good numbers there but Im not done

Combining these four guys from group 3 with Cavallero, Herget, Mulholland from group 2 and we get

Group ERA = 2.60 WHIP = 1.23, K/BB = 2.25 K/9ip = 9.41

So? You say. So, I say, those 7 guys with a team era of 2.6 and a record of 19-7 account for almost 80% of all innings pitched. How can there be no consistency when 80% of the innings have these kind of numbers.

You wanna complain about the mid-week losses. They don't matter. Really, they don't. MId-week games are exhibition games that count int he standings. You try to win them but they are development games for the future starters on this team. Perhaps if Valdes continues to shine on Sundays and Cavallero comes back from whatever reason he is not pitching and the season starts dwindling, you'll see one of the two starting mid-weeks games. But in the meantime, expect the Lawson/Eveld development to continue.

And watch a game or two before letting your airhole loose.

I'm right there with you.  I've seen the baseball team play around 10 games this season and I was impressed.  They have gotten stronger as the season has gone along.  They aren't going to win every single game.  It's baseball, that doesn't happen.  We may slip like we did against FIU... but the body of work is where a team should be judged and the body of work of USFMBB is pretty good right now... especially under a first year coach.  The guys play hard and the games are being called really good by Kingston.  I like what I see.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

USF: 22-10-1 = .6875

UCF: 23-10 = .6969

Practically even

USF RPI = 20

UCF RPI = 43

USF is significantly higher.

UCF is ranked from 12 to 16 (depending on the poll.)

Yet USF is not in the top 25?

Does that make sense?