• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

@USFCollin has already conceded the 2015 season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Flower's spring passing line reminds me of this game:

South Florida Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR B. Daniels 8/21 215 10.2 2 2

Anyone remember that game?

I think that was the FSU game, wasn't it?  He rushed for like a 100 yards, too.  I could be wrong, too.

Yes. Gives me a glimmer of hope if Flowers can come close to replicating those rushing numbers.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

USF: 22-10-1 = .6875

UCF: 23-10 = .6969

Practically even

USF RPI = 20

UCF RPI = 43

USF is significantly higher.

UCF is ranked from 12 to 16 (depending on the poll.)

Yet USF is not in the top 25?

Does that make sense?

There are 300 teams in D1 baseball, rankings at this point in the season mean about as much as basketball rankings in January. Let the conference tourneys and regionals play out. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I think what Skip Holtz did to the fans is just as bad as what he did to the team, Woolard too.  I think we have gotten conditioned to expect mediocrity.  We expect the worst.  I mean who can blame us given what we've seen from our men's sports.  But I'm not letting that blind me as I think some of us have.  I hope nobody minds me giving my perspective.

Just reading what people write on this site, both good and bad, we still have some passionate fans.  We have a fan base waiting for a team they can believe in again.  Something to get our hopes up.  We didn't know how good we had it running through QBs like Blackwell, Grothe, and Daniels.  We expected more success.  Now we find ourselves in a bit of a conundrum, we don't really know where we are right now because we are all biased evaluators of the team.  Each of us seeing what we want to see (based on expectations).  If you don't expect to see anything good every incomplete pass, missed throw, or interception will validate what you were expecting, and if you're expecting too much, every single catch, run, or juke will validate what you expect.  It's how humans are wired. 

What we never get to do or see is evaluate each player position by position, play by play, for the entire scrimmage to see how they perform individually.  That's primarily what the spring game is for.  It isn't for our entertainment.  We are more for them than they are for us.  It gives coaches an opportunity to see who plays well in a game situation and not in the normal slate of practice. That's where you can see a third string lineman line up with 1st and 2nd string guys and go up against a starter on defense to see how they perform in that situation.  It's a way to get a good shot into whether some of the young guys are ready and how they fair at the collegiate level.  It's simply an evaluation.  I think we need to see it for that.  I've been going back with what little film is available from the spring and looking at individuals.  I honestly think the team will be much better than last season.  I'm not saying they will win the conference or do anything crazy, I'm just saying I see a lot of improvement in individual players.  I'd say when you do this, if you do, take a look at Ruff, Hall, Dillion, Pope, Amachia, Bronson, Tice on offense, they had solid springs.  On defense there was a ton of great play but specifically Awoleke, not sure about spelling, Bronson, Black, Holeman, and Vincent Jackson.   Those are some guys who are set to surprise some folks.  

I didn't go with the usual suspects as I was giving examples of guys who I thought played much better and are showing a maturity.  Will this translate to more wins? It should.  But I always thought we were a three year project.  This is the third year and I'm seeing there is a good possibility it will result in a bowl season hopefully.  I saw enough to bring me back into the fold at least. 

I recognize these are solely my opinions so take it for what it's worth.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Flower's spring passing line reminds me of this game:

South Florida Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR B. Daniels 8/21 215 10.2 2 2

Anyone remember that game?

I think that was the FSU game, wasn't it?  He rushed for like a 100 yards, too.  I could be wrong, too.

Yes. Gives me a glimmer of hope if Flowers can come close to replicating those rushing numbers.

I'll say this.  Having seen him play in person he is really fast and shifty.  I think his legs will keep us in games but I'm of the notion he will also be an effective passer for this system because of his legs.