• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

@USFCollin has already conceded the 2015 season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Kinda goes along with most of what I've seen on here and heard from other Bulls fans on Twitter.  Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but didn't see a thread dedicated to it.

http://www.voodoofive.com/2015/4/3/8314787/its-march-30th-and-ive-already-given-up-on-the-2015-usf-football

Your first sentence pretty my explains why you hadn't seen a thread dedicated to it. There's nothing there that hasn't been touched on in here ... Except the posters here are smarter than to bother trying to back it up with a serious dissection of the Spring Game. If I want to see a fan's dissertation on the disaster that will be 2015, I'll pull up some hbryan posts. His psychotic rants at least have some comedic value.

Lol! Well said!! And to me the 2015 season is a classic WE SHALL SEE season. Kind of like it better when USF surprises all so let's hope we get to a bowl game

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

This part was the best: "But we've been right a helluva lot more than we've been wrong around here." (Collin on Voodoo5)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

This part was the best: "But we've been right a helluva lot more than we've been wrong around here." (Collin on Voodoo5)

Ok, so there was a little comedic value in there, too ...

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  8

It amazes me tho, all these haters, but let's face the facts. Fastest d1 school in the top 25, fastest in the top 10, and the fastest FOREVER in the top 3.

Yeah "mgrothe", that was partially Matt Grothe and the chance Leavitt gave a small qb out of Lakeland (right?).  Too bad MG supported and rallied around the end of that era.  He shouldn't act pissed now.

Don't act pissed now Brad? I can't help myself....People ON THIS SITE hated on our team as a whole when we were supposedly "good" not to long ago when it brought us national attention. I check this site out almost everyday to see if people will rally around a team, but nope 1 bad game and the season(or program for that matter) is gone forever. The **** season hasn't even started and we have people acting like it's already over......really?!?! How about fill the stadium(like every other big time school that has a struggling season does) and stop complaining....I guess it just blows my mind that most forget how young this program is....

Edited by mgrothe8
  • Upvote 1

...and I'm pretty sure I always "supported and rallied" around my team my whole career. Maybe I didn't impress everyone on here, but no one will ever take away my will to always want to make the boys proud.....that's all we are missing now. A few guys that want to win more than anything and we will be right back in it. Because I can tell you right now, this team has **** good athletes.

• Upvote 1

Don't act pissed now Brad? I can't help myself....People ON THIS SITE hated on our team as a whole when we were supposedly "good" not to long ago when it brought us national attention. I check this site out almost everyday to see if people will rally around a team, but nope 1 bad game and the season(or program for that matter) is gone forever. The **** season hasn't even started and we have people acting like it's already over......really?!?! How about fill the stadium(like every other big time school that has a struggling season does) and stop complaining....I guess it just blows my mind that most forget how young this program is....

People LOVED this program through that era.  There were some ugly nasties here like mikebeau and DCBull that thought the team underachieved.  They turned their lack of a BCS bowl to hate on Leavitt - not the team.  They are conspicuously on to other things in their lives now. You guys did greater than any rational person's expectations.  99% of Bulls fans and those on this board knew what  a special program we had.  The big mouths and those with the donor dollars that didn't understand helped implode the best story in college football.  Selfishness in the locker room gave those that thought it was easy a chance to change things up.  The whole thing turned from an uplifting story and a program with possibilities to the crapper.  People wanted Leavitt gone because "he plateaued".  Well it wasn't just the undersized QB with a determination to win.  It was a program led by a guy that wanted to win.  When he became expendable, so did the program.

By the way, your comment: "The **** season hasn't even started and we have people acting like it's already over......really?!?!"

That was the USFCollin article that started the discussion here.

You have die hards here.  People that have been connected to the program since its founding - you were probably about 8-9 years old then.  Collin was just a young'n too.  Yes there are haters in any public forum, but those aren't the ones really hanging in there now.  They are believers.  The bad, most of it, got flushed out the last 4-5 years.

We're grasping to hope here, not writing off the season. 

We were in a special place in 2007.  We're all hoping to recapture that.  It's just not going to be the same path now that we are in the AAC.  That success was not only destroyed, but not leveraged.  We killed the golden goose.  We all hope to be good in the AAC, but it's not what the Big East was then. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

You're giving too much ear to those haters. Every school has the naysayers that just can't get over tough seasons. Even mighty UF has its share of those right now. But there's plenty of die-hard Bulls fans here, and that spring game had a lot of fans show up to see the new-look Bulls. We'll come out of it, but glad to hear what you think of our athletes--I think we mostly agree there's some great talent on the team, we're just hoping it comes together in a cohesive unit come fall.