• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Spring Practice Reports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

All these positives about the offense leave me squirming a bit about the new defense ...

For all we know, this is one successful play out of 200.  It does seem that Flowers is being mentioned more than the other QBs, though.

True .... but if the other199 were good plays by the D I'd like to hear more about them.

Definitely.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

All these positives about the offense leave me squirming a bit about the new defense ...

If the positives were on the defense you would be squirming on the offense.  Every good play for one part of the team is a bad play for the other part. 

I hope the offense is doing this well, but I can't help but think there is a bit of Harlan engineered marketing going on here.  At least from the official USF communication if not from the Times.  It certainly doesn't hurt to give off the perception that the offense has been "fixed".

Maybe we'll know a little more after the spring game, but it will at least be a couple weeks into the season before we can tell for sure.  I do have a good feeling about the co-coordinators.  It's the three headed combination them with Taggart that I'm not sure will work out or not when the bullets start flying.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

For all we know, this is one successful play out of 200.  It does seem that Flowers is being mentioned more than the other QBs, though.

True .... but if the other199 were good plays by the D I'd like to hear more about them.

Why? It would just make you squirm about the offense...

you payz your nickels and you takez your poisons

I want a perfect ******* world .... I want to hear about 100 good plays on D and 100 good plays on O. Take your nickelz and poisonz and shove them.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I hope the offense is doing this well, but I can't help but think there is a bit of Harlan engineered marketing going on here.  At least from the official USF communication if not from the Times.  It certainly doesn't hurt to give off the perception that the offense has been "fixed".

Maybe we'll know a little more after the spring game, but it will at least be a couple weeks into the season before we can tell for sure.  I do have a good feeling about the co-coordinators.  It's the three headed combination them with Taggart that I'm not sure will work out or not when the bullets start flying.

I don't know about "fixed", but I really do feel we'll be able to tell if its improved after the first game of the season.

In 2013 we could tell by the first half of the first game it was going to be a long year, down 33-7 at half to McNeese St. everybody knew we sucked.

In 2014 it wasn't as ugly, but still, after losing to Western Carolina at half in the opener and letting them get like 500 yards of offense everybody knew a bowl game was going to take a miracle. 

This year I believe that opening game will be really telling. FAMU is a bad FCS team, if our offense (and defense) have really improved to the point were fans should have a reason to come to the games and have hopes for a bowl game we'll be up by 20 in the first half and our backups will get good reps in the 2nd half. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

I don't know about "fixed", but I really do feel we'll be able to tell if its improved after the first game of the season.

In 2013 we could tell by the first half of the first game it was going to be a long year, down 33-7 at half to McNeese St. everybody knew we sucked.

In 2014 it wasn't as ugly, but still, after losing to Western Carolina at half in the opener and letting them get like 500 yards of offense everybody knew a bowl game was going to take a miracle. 

This year I believe that opening game will be really telling. FAMU is a bad FCS team, if our offense (and defense) have really improved to the point were fans should have a reason to come to the games and have hopes for a bowl game we'll be up by 20 in the first half and our backups will get good reps in the 2nd half. 

It's still mind blowing to me that some don't consider that game the absolute low point in USF football history ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's still mind blowing to me that some don't consider that game the absolute low point in USF football history ...

It's only up from there!

That was an impressive feat, even looking back 18 months later.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

That was an impressive feat, even looking back 18 months later.

Agree that was THE low point. Only problem is, with that point being zero on a scale of 0 - 10, we're at about 1.5 two years later.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

USF Football â€@USFFootball

Flowers hits TE Elkanah Dillon on a seam route & the 6-5, RS freshman races 70 yards for a touchdown.

Flowers is our guy, I'm calling it now like I called it before. He won't say it, but Taggart is all in on him. We are going with this kid make or break, cross your fingers. 

make or break...or until he throws two INTs in the first game. Just hope they don't name him captain before that game or something. Still too early on this, but I'm looking forward to Saturday and seeing how we look going into summer.