• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Spring Practice Reports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Looking over the Spring Roster I finally figured out who #34 RB is from this lakeland video who had the beast run.  It's a kid from urban football league in London Dotun Agbonin.  Can't find any stats though.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I remember being able to watch the game on espn3. They want to add excitement and interest, stream the game like other programs do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

I remember being able to watch the game on espn3. They want to add excitement and interest, stream the game like other programs do.

How long ago was our Spring Game on ESPN3?

Back when they televised less games then they did under this new contract. They show more games than ever now, I don't know how they didn't get the Spring Game included in the coverage. All the P5 show their Spring games on their own networks so just like for regular games, you would think they have more room. Maybe when the team upswings in popularity they can offer it PPV.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Back when they televised less games then they did under this new contract. They show more games than ever now, I don't know how they didn't get the Spring Game included in the coverage. All the P5 show their Spring games on their own networks so just like for regular games, you would think they have more room. Maybe when the team upswings in popularity they can offer it PPV.

Probably because the TV infrastructure that is at RayJay doesn't exist at Corbett.  They probably could televise the spring game this year, but it would look like a home movie rather than a major cable network broadcast.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Probably because the TV infrastructure that is at RayJay doesn't exist at Corbett.  They probably could televise the spring game this year, but it would look like a home movie rather than a major cable network broadcast.  

ESPN3 is comparable to a home movie.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

ESPN3 is comparable to a home movie.

No it's not.  It's actually great quality, provided you have the download speed necessary to watch it without any annoying buffering.  

Now the broadcasters they usually have for the ESPN3 games ... that's a different story.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I think I agree with bullrider there. With periods of resolution scale-down and the occasional buffering, it's like a modern video recording--periods of high def but a lot of junk too. Still waaay better than settling for gametracker/no video. Gives me something to shout at when things go wrong... :lol:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

34 is beast mode jr

I think I agree with bullrider there. With periods of resolution scale-down and the occasional buffering, it's like a modern video recording--periods of high def but a lot of junk too. Still waaay better than settling for gametracker/no video. Gives me something to shout at when things go wrong... :lol:

That's on your end. If you have a moderate high speed connection with no issues like a wireless router never moved off the default channel all your neighbors use, espn3 looks like espn.

As for TV infrastructure, the local PBS and ABC affiliates here in GA put on a decent Friday Night high school game on TV in HD. It can be done with the correct personnel.

Edited by slick1ru2