• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Spring Practice Reports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Name as is officially say it.

No way does he name a starter after Spring unless one has been totally dominating ....

I wouldn't name one after spring either, unless it's a returning QB that was dominate.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,200
  • Days Won:  2

I hope Flowers dominates because, the more he plays with first string in practice the better.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just remember White saved Flowers bacon vs SMU or we would have lost to worst team in country by far.

Just remember that fact before anointing Flowers. He was not good at all last year. Hopefully he has improved.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I have zero faith until I see hope...

What I do have is lots of booze to see me through it all

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@TBTimes_Bulls: Back at @USFFootball practice, where I just saw Flowers roll right, stop, and fire 40-yarder to wide-open Tice in left corner of end zone

@TBTimes_Bulls: Flowers rolls right again, finds Evan Wilson behind secondary for 50-plus-yard TD. #USF

Well, the kid is making plays...we need a winner in this QB competition, not a 3 way tie...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Didn't CWT say Floyd was "making plays" and that was his reason for naming him starter?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Good read

• Content Count:  4,663

Didn't CWT say Floyd was "making plays" and that was his reason for naming him starter?

True, but between Eveld and Floyd they were both terrible and he had a hard time choosing, Floyd was a practice hero.

Last year between White and Bench he said that nobody really stepped up and it was making it hard to choose.

Id just like it to be not even close this year and have a QB that's clearly better than the others...am I asking for too much? :-/

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

I think this QB quandary is punishment for us not appreciating the 7 year run we had with grothe/daniels.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like I'm gonna eat some crow about Flowers deep ball accuracy.  He's showing he can connect downfield now.  Hopefully see some of that at the spring game in person.

Twitter Recap:

He has whizzed past fluke and sped past aberration. Now, he's bearing down on bona-fide status.

Three weeks into USF's spring camp, diminutive walk-on Chase Whitehead's campaign to enter the receiving rotation is gaining steam.

"He's gonna be a sleeper pick this fall," junior Rodney Adams, essentially the elder statesman of the receiving corps, said Friday.

"Just full of good things," sophomore Ryeshene Bronson added. "So many tricks up his sleeve."

A 5-foot-9 redshirt freshman built from the Wes Welker mode, Whitehead played at Fort Walton Beach's Choctawhatchee High. Though his USF bio is pretty barren, his Hudl profile indicates he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds in high school.

Through nearly the first two weeks of spring drills, he was perfect on the first 33 throws targeted at him, according to receivers coach Ron Dugans.

"Man, he's really stepped up," Dugans said. "I think he's our leader right now in catch-drop. I do catch-drop charts every day and I think he's our leader there. ... He's been Mr. Dependable for me, and I think he's going to do a really good job for us to help the ball club."

SPEAKING OF SLEEPERS: All three receivers interviewed Friday -- Adams, Bronson and transfer A.J. Legree -- insisted 6-3 redshirt freshman Stanley Clerveaux is another receiver poised for a breakout year.

Sidelined most of last fall after undergoing shoulder surgery, Clerveaux has appeared to log a lot of first-team reps lately. "You can just tell when Stanley steps on the field that he's ready to play," Bronson said. "He sat out last year; he's real hungry, man. Stanley wants to put his name out there."

ODDS AND ENDS: The Bulls will hold a public practice Saturday at 11 a.m. at Lakeland's Bryant Stadium. ... Legree, who sat out last season after transferring from Kentucky, was recruited by Willie Taggart when the Bulls coach was at Western Kentucky. "I know once I heard that he came here to South Florida, I was like, 'Man, that wouldn't be a bad move. I'd be closer to home,' said Legree, who played north of Gainesville at Fort White High. "And I like the way Coach T is and how he carried himself...and then they added Coach Dugans so that put icing on the cake for me." ... Senior Brynjar Gudmundsson, who has lined up at guard and tackle over the past two seasons, took snaps at center Friday. ... Former Bucs coach Greg Schiano, a periodic visitor to the Bulls' camp this spring, again observed practice Friday.

AUDIBLE: "It's fire. I like it." -- Bronson on sophomore QB Quinton Flowers' velocity these days. Flowers continued taking the initial snaps with the first-team offense Friday.

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 53m53 minutes ago Florida, USA

Today's @USFFootball report is now up. Wait 'til you see what Ryeshene Bronson said about Flowers' velocity. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/walk-on-wr-chase-whitehead-still-impressing/2222257…

USF Football â€@USFFootball 15h15 hours ago

#USF's young receivers finding a groove in up-tempo offense: http://ow.ly/KBA0j #GoBulls

USF Football â€@USFFootball 22h22 hours ago

Coach Dugans says Chase Whitehead playing well, leads catch-drop chart in spring, was 33-of-33 through first 8 practices

SF Football â€@USFFootball 22h22 hours ago

wR A.J Legree won a state high jump title, cleared 6-10. Says he transferred to USF because he liked how @CoachTaggart carried himself

F Football â€@USFFootball 22h22 hours ago

“We (wide receivers) fit this offense better, I feel really good†- WR Ryeshene Bronson

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 22h22 hours ago

Greg Schiano back out at @USFFootball practice

USF Football â€@USFFootball 22h22 hours ago

. @MarkHarlanUSF talks to the team after practice http://ow.ly/i/a1Cma
View photo 1 retweet 2 favorites

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 22h22 hours ago

Looks like Brynjar Gudmundsson taking snaps at center with 1st team. #USF

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 23h23 hours ago

Flowers rolls right again, finds Evan Wilson behind secondary for 50-plus-yard TD. #USF

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 23h23 hours ago

Back at @USFFootball practice, where I just saw Flowers roll right, stop, and fire 40-yarder to wide-open Tice in left corner of end zone

USF Football â€@USFFootball Mar 20

#USF #SpringGameFreeAgency is over. The White team signs QB Quinton Flowers & DE Eric Lee. Green signs OL Jeremi Hall & LB Auggie Sanchez