• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why as BULLS fans do we knock the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

We "are" stuck in a conference with all the other misfit toys. Financially, the ACC teams recieve 1/10th the revenue the P5 teams get. Also there is no way a team from the AAC can every win the Natty again. In the Big East days that's what everyone wanted to play for. Win the Conf, win your BCS bowl, and win the Natty. All those chances are GONE because we are stuck in the AAC.

Is the AAC better than the other G5 conferences? Yes. Congrats on being the world's tallest midget.

Obama needs to come in and through his weight around and demand a fair playoff for all. That is what he said he was going to do so we shall see. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

We "are" stuck in a conference with all the other misfit toys. Financially, the ACC teams recieve 1/10th the revenue the P5 teams get. Also there is no way a team from the AAC can every win the Natty again. In the Big East days that's what everyone wanted to play for. Win the Conf, win your BCS bowl, and win the Natty. All those chances are GONE because we are stuck in the AAC.

Is the AAC better than the other G5 conferences? Yes. Congrats on being the world's tallest midget.

Obama needs to come in and through his weight around and demand a fair playoff for all. That is what he said he was going to do so we shall see. 

Lord I hope there was supposed to be a sarcasm font after that...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I don’t recall hearing USF fans ***** and complain (other than Smazza because he complains just to complain) when we got into CUSA or when we arrived to the Big East.

Because getting into CUSA, was a step up from IA independent, and joining the Big East (dumb luck or not) was a step up to the BCS.

It's not that we changed conferences, it's that the change of conference, this time, to the AAC is indeed a step down. With the demise of the BCS and

the advent of the P5/G5 segregation, we are indeed on the outside looking in. 

As for knocking the AAC - what should we do? Do we, by virtue of membership, have an obligation to cheer lead for the AAC? I think it's more 

that we tolerate the situation, but temper any enthusiasm for the conference as whole. It could be worse...we could get booted back to CUSA 1.0

instead of residing here in CUSA 2.0.

This is a case of making the best out of a mediocre situation. We don't wanna be here. Other schools have made it clear that they'd prefer to be on the 

cool side of the velvet rope as well. And to be clear, ESPN works the door. They don't HAVE TO do anything regardless of on-the-field success of

the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We have a better chance of trying to make the AAC a better conference than we will have of getting a P5 invite.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Complaining about being in the AAC is stupid when you consider that we don't exactly play like a P5 caliber program. This league has potential to be pretty good but the past 4 years we are one of the reasons it gets it's poor reputation. Blow through this cupcake conference undefeated and get snubbed for a national championship and then maybe there is a leg to stand on, but right now we are right where we belong. At this point I would settle for a winning conference record and a bowl game. Lets get to that point again before we act like we belong in a league with the big boys. Who knows, by then maybe the whole perception of this conference will have changed. The top isn't too bad, and it wasn't that long ago that the teams at the bottom of this conference were pretty good as well.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

128 schools play D1 football

Realignment improved the situation for 125 of them

Only USF, Cincy, and UConn went backwards

I've seen this comment a few times and I don't understand it. How did the situation improve for anybody but the P5? They're trying to break away from the NCAA to make their own rules that many of the G5 teams can't compete with. They're starting to mandate that no games will be played against G5 teams. The G5 is essentially being locked out of the playoffs. I agree that the leftover BEast teams probably got knocked down the farthest, but I wouldn't say that the situation of any non-P5 team has improved except maybe BYU.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We need to win this conference as many times as possible, while we're here. As soon as a suitor comes calling, we're booking out. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

So it's not okay to be a realist and understand this conference is trash and as of right now we are one of the major reasons why.

The top of our conference: Cincy, ucf (vomit), Memphis (who prior to last year have been nothing short of one of the worst teams in the country for 2+ decades) are nice. In my opinion ucf takes a pretty massive step back next year. Hard to recover from losing Bortles, Johnson, Hall, Perriman, Worton, Reese, and like 7+ defensive starters the last two years. I wouldn't be shocked to see Memphis be mediocre again either. Not saying they will just saying I wouldn't be shocked.

The bottom of our conference is what really crushes this conference. Look at Tulane or Temple. They arent just bad now, they've been really bad for a long time. Add in hopeless UCONN and USF and my goodness it's ugly. Doesn't stop there though with the awfulness. SMU and Tulsa are two more bottom 20 programs in the country.

As people have said before we need to take care of our own business first and foremost. I'll be the first to root for any team to win in the AAC other than UCF, but I'm not living in some fantasy land thinking this conference is something it's not.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I read this right after the thread on Andre Davis. I hope Obama doesn't stop there and demands that EVERY college player gets to take part in the combine. The current system isn't fair.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

128 schools play D1 football

Realignment improved the situation for 125 of them

Only USF, Cincy, and UConn went backwards

I've seen this comment a few times and I don't understand it. How did the situation improve for anybody but the P5? They're trying to break away from the NCAA to make their own rules that many of the G5 teams can't compete with. They're starting to mandate that no games will be played against G5 teams. The G5 is essentially being locked out of the playoffs. I agree that the leftover BEast teams probably got knocked down the farthest, but I wouldn't say that the situation of any non-P5 team has improved except maybe BYU.

Everybody focuses on the growing divide between the P5 and G5, which is true, but the fact of the matter is 125 teams are making more TV money than they were before realignment, while only 3 are making less.