• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why as BULLS fans do we knock the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So it's not okay to be a realist and understand this conference is trash and as of right now we are one of the major reasons why.

The top of our conference: Cincy, ucf (vomit), Memphis (who prior to last year have been nothing short of one of the worst teams in the country for 2+ decades) are nice. In my opinion ucf takes a pretty massive step back next year. Hard to recover from losing Bortles, Johnson, Hall, Perriman, Worton, Reese, and like 7+ defensive starters the last two years. I wouldn't be shocked to see Memphis be mediocre again either. Not saying they will just saying I wouldn't be shocked.

The bottom of our conference is what really crushes this conference. Look at Tulane or Temple. They arent just bad now, they've been really bad for a long time. Add in hopeless UCONN and USF and my goodness it's ugly. Doesn't stop there though with the awfulness. SMU and Tulsa are two more bottom 20 programs in the country.

As people have said before we need to take care of our own business first and foremost. I'll be the first to root for any team to win in the AAC other than UCF, but I'm not living in some fantasy land thinking this conference is something it's not.

Don't think of the AAC as a football conference.

Think of it as a basketball conference that also happens to sponsor football.

You'll keep your sanity longer

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

Regardless of your personal feelings of where you think we "should" be USF is in the AAC which may not be the best but then again it’s not the worse conference we as fans should embrace OUR conference instead of knocking it.

It’s like saying your home is nice but you knock it because it’s not in Avila so it stinks. Sure a home in Avila is a goal but will you say to your friends my home is ok for the area but it’s no Avila? Hell no you go out work your ass off to improve both your current home and putting yourself in the best situation to get that home in Avila when the opportunity arises.

I’m just sick of hearing BULLS fans saying this year’s class is good for being in the AAC but boy we need to be in the BIG12 or ACC. Simple fact is we are not in the B12 or ACC just as teams in those conferences are not in the PAC12, SEC, or the B10 and in the same way some teams in the CUSA, MAC, MWC, and Sunbelt want to be in the AAC.

I don’t recall hearing USF fans ***** and complain (other than Smazza because he complains just to complain) when we got into CUSA or when we arrived to the Big East. We’re happy to first be in a conference with bowl ties and then a BCS conference.

We should embrace where we are and work our tails off to get where we want to be.

USF vs the college sports world.

GO BULLS :iconic_u_black: 

only underachievers would be content with usf's situation

usf's football programs has gone backwards

Edited by smazza

Easy answer. USF was in a better house from a national peception wise when the BIG EAST was in BCS. Cincy, UConn, and USF should be the only ones upset about the conference because all three schools got downgraded by birth of the P5. USF had their chance but they blew it. Was it firing Leavitt that blew it? We will never know. With that said. I think the AAC is the best non P5 conference. We are lucky to have it right now as we could be in the Sun Belt or C-USA. The AAC did beat BIG 12 champ last year in BCS bowl. The AAC did win the mens and womens hoops national title. To me, the AAC is underrated. The national peception just thinks we are no good, but I will argue that the AAC has been and will be one of the top hoops conferences. 

And all in 2 short years in the national view of things even though we are the BE with a face lift we are a NEW conference. The national media, who are we kidding ESPN/ABC will have no option but to start to recognize the AAC more and more if as a conference and a school we start to win more and more.

no one will recognize this pitiful conference

you are dreaming

what will aac win?  we dont compete for the national championship in football

the aac is in the lower level of football

We need to win this conference as many times as possible, while we're here. As soon as a suitor comes calling, we're booking out. 

it isnt happening next year

we have stunk for a better part of the last decade

So it's not okay to be a realist and understand this conference is trash and as of right now we are one of the major reasons why.

The top of our conference: Cincy, ucf (vomit), Memphis (who prior to last year have been nothing short of one of the worst teams in the country for 2+ decades) are nice. In my opinion ucf takes a pretty massive step back next year. Hard to recover from losing Bortles, Johnson, Hall, Perriman, Worton, Reese, and like 7+ defensive starters the last two years. I wouldn't be shocked to see Memphis be mediocre again either. Not saying they will just saying I wouldn't be shocked.

The bottom of our conference is what really crushes this conference. Look at Tulane or Temple. They arent just bad now, they've been really bad for a long time. Add in hopeless UCONN and USF and my goodness it's ugly. Doesn't stop there though with the awfulness. SMU and Tulsa are two more bottom 20 programs in the country.

As people have said before we need to take care of our own business first and foremost. I'll be the first to root for any team to win in the AAC other than UCF, but I'm not living in some fantasy land thinking this conference is something it's not.

Don't think of the AAC as a football conference.

Think of it as a basketball conference that also happens to sponsor football.

You'll keep your sanity longer

Ah... you mean like the old Big East ??

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,428
  • Days Won:  43

What if UConn wins the Womens NCAA championship and Tulsa wins the Mens NCAA championship? AAC go back to back in both mens and womens hoops? WOW!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Because we have accomplished more in less than 20 years on the football field than all these other programs did in their first 20 combined! Up until 4 years ago our trend line and potential were significantly higher than the rest of these scrub teams. That's why this board gripes so much - we know what this university is capable of is a short period of time.

We learn to live with our limitations when we decide not to blow through them.

lulz at equating posts on message boards with wins on fields

correlation = 0.0

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Because we have accomplished more in less than 20 years on the football field than all these other programs did in their first 20 combined! Up until 4 years ago our trend line and potential were significantly higher than the rest of these scrub teams. That's why this board gripes so much - we know what this university is capable of is a short period of time.

We learn to live with our limitations when we decide not to blow through them.

lulz at equating posts on message boards with wins on fields

correlation = 0.0

Not true at all. I've been told many times that posts on TBP seriously effect recruiting. Recruiting certainly effects on field results. Therefore, TBP posts effect wins.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,657
  • Days Won:  424

This board gripes so much because, as HR Bull pointed our, some of our fans have an unwarranted entitlement mentality. What have we ever accomplished on any field that would give us reason to look down on the AAC? The gift BE invite was both a blessing and a curse ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

This board gripes so much because, as HR Bull pointed, some of our fans have an unwarranted entitlement mentality. What have we ever accomplished on any field that would give us reason to look down on the AAC? The gift BE invite was both a blessing and a curse ...

Indeed. Both a blessing and a curse.  J'ever wonder what we'd be like had we never gotten the BE invite?