• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Hoops Ranking/Seed Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IT PAYS TO  be in a p5 conference

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

We appear to win the 2nd half battle because UConn is up by 30 in the first half and puts their "scrubs" in during the 2nd half.

:facepalm: .... You obviously didn't watch the last game.
I watched all 3 games thank you. The last game, their bench played 38 minutes compared to our bench 12 minutes. 2 of UConn's subs actually had more playing time than Nurse who is their starter.

That's because Tuck got 2 fouls midway through the FIRST half. 3 of their starters, their 3 best players, played the full 40 minutes. Your comment about "scrubs" being in was totally baseless ......... and you're welcome.

I love how you only quoted half my post. In the very next sentence i said their "scrubs" would be 4 year starters on any other team. So I was in no way denigrating their skills, I was trying to show that even if Uconn lets off the gas a little bit and puts in some subs they still are very good.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If we are the second best tean in the country no one will ever know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

We appear to win the 2nd half battle because UConn is up by 30 in the first half and puts their "scrubs" in during the 2nd half.

:facepalm: .... You obviously didn't watch the last game.
I watched all 3 games thank you. The last game, their bench played 38 minutes compared to our bench 12 minutes. 2 of UConn's subs actually had more playing time than Nurse who is their starter.

That's because Tuck got 2 fouls midway through the FIRST half. 3 of their starters, their 3 best players, played the full 40 minutes. Your comment about "scrubs" being in was totally baseless ......... and you're welcome.

I love how you only quoted half my post. In the very next sentence i said their "scrubs" would be 4 year starters on any other team. So I was in no way denigrating their skills, I was trying to show that even if Uconn lets off the gas a little bit and puts in some subs they still are very good.

The second half of your post wasn't relevant. You said "We appear to win the 2nd half battle because UConn is up by 30 in the first half and puts their "scrubs" in during the 2nd half". That was patently false in the AAC championship game. Their subs, "scrubs", whatever you want to call them, did not get significant playing time in that 2nd half so it wasn't the reason we scored 9 more points than they did.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yay, Fun with Semantics, on the next episode of How the Bullspen Turns. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Imagine if you were Seton Hall, or Rutgers, or better yet Texas or Cal; 4 teams who all had a good season, one or two wins away from a better seed, and they get stuck not only in the same bracket, but the same half of the bracket, as a team who has caused some to legitimately wonder if it's unfair that a team is as dominant.

Somebody has to play them, folks.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

You mean besides anyone near Tampa or anyone associated with USF or anyone who follows WBB. Then yes, maybe.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Meanwhile, UConn fans are more concerned about playing USF than anybody else in our bracket. LOL

While anything is possible, in the UConn bracket the only team that I see that would have a chance against UConn would be USF. Not because they're the most talented team, but because they've managed to play UConn even in the 2nd half of two games. Have to believe a 4th match up they would not get down by 20 plus points by half time. Don't think they would win, but would make the game interesting. Don't see Louisville or Kentucky staying even and UConn should win by 20 plus points. Also don't think Cal and Texas can stay with UConn, not enough scoring for both teams.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-silver-linings-what-i-like-about-the-ncaaw-bracket.74455/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Yay, Fun with Semantics, on the next episode of How the Bullspen Turns. :FIREdevil:

Nay nay .... I am very familiar with a good semantics arguments and this isn't one. Duckhead basically said we played UConn close in the 2nd half because they played non starters after getting a big lead in the first. Truth is that their 3 best players played all 20 minutes, with another started playing significant minutes. No semantics .... just the facts, ma'am.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Nay nay .... I am very familiar with a good semantics arguments and this isn't one. Duckhead basically said we played UConn close in the 2nd half because they played non starters after getting a big lead in the first. Truth is that their 3 best players played all 20 minutes, with another started playing significant minutes. No semantics .... just the facts, ma'am.

38 minutes of UConn sub time to our 12 minutes.  Trip always has to try and twist crap around so he can be the weiner.