• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Hoops Ranking/Seed Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,500
  • Days Won:  10

I thought it would be helpful to start a thread to discuss where the USF Women's Basketball team is currently ranked and/or seeded in the NCAA Tournament.  This discussion usually becomes part of the latest game thread, so I thought it would be nice to keep them together.

As of the 1/27 Coach's rankings, we are #26 (33 votes).  Since that ranking, Oklahoma (21 votes) lost to WVa (no votes), TCU (no votes) beat #13 Texas

As of the 1/26 AP ranking, we are #31 (12 votes).  Since that ranking (through games on 1/31), unranked WVa (no votes) beat #24 Oklahoma and TCU (no votes) beat  #14 Texas.  Otherwise, no ranked teams have lost to a lower-ranked or unranked team.  Minnesota and Cal, who are ahead of us in votes, each lost one game to teams without votes.

I may have missed something, but it looks like we're going to get ranked in the Coach's Poll this week, but not enough shakeup has occurred above us to put us in the top 25 in the AP.

AP Poll:    http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press

USA Today Coach's Poll:  http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/usa-today-coaches

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We still have, what, 9 games to go?

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,500
  • Days Won:  10

Yes, with the only one we probably will not be favored in is the final home game against UConn.

Forgot to mention that our RPI is currently 19.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Have to win all games we are supposed to and not get blown out by UConn again.

Hoping for a 6/7 seed.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF moved up 3 places in AP Poll to #28 (20 votes).

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings/_/poll/1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

I have one extra ticket if anybody wants to go tomorrow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

Incidentally, Bracketology has us improving to a #7 Seed playing Pittsburgh in MD

http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Looks like that's exactly where we are ranked in the AP poll (#28).

Win all our games and the conference championship & we probably go in as a #4 or #5 seed.  Win our last remaining regular season games but lose to UCONN in conference tourney, we probably advance to a #5 or #6 seed (having beaten UCONN once).  Lose only to UCONN in last game of the regular season and also in the conf tourney, we might advance to #6 seed.  Lose any more games, and we might just lose seeding in Bracketology as we already do not garner much respect from the pollsters.

I can't see us being beaten by anyone else in our conference the way we are playing, so looks like we may have a range of #5 - #8 seed depending on how the rest of the season and conference tournament goes.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Incidentally, Bracketology has us improving to a #7 Seed playing Pittsburgh in MD

Win all our games and the conference championship & we probably go in as a #4 or #5 seed.  Win our last remaining regular season games but lose to UCONN in conference tourney, we probably advance to a #5 or #6 seed (having beaten UCONN once).  Lose only to UCONN in last game of the regular season and also in the conf tourney, we might advance to #6 seed.  Lose any more games, and we might just lose seeding in Bracketology as we already do not garner much respect from the pollsters.

I can't see us being beaten by anyone else in our conference the way we are playing, so looks like we may have a range of #5 - #8 seed depending on how the rest of the season and conference tournament goes.

Seems reasonable

The close game @Memphis (who we steamrolled at home) should be a serious wake-up call. USF is not UConn. They could have an off night and still win by at least 20 points.

USF still has to play @ECU who gave us a tough game at home, and who just won @Tulane. That is the one game (aside from UConn), that we could lose.

Realtime RPI has us losing to them 65-68.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_225_Women.html

USF moved one spot backwards in Coaches poll to #27.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/basketball-women/polls/coaches-poll/