• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

According to Kinnan - CWT will call plays

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You guys are unbelievable. Ho many times did I read on this board "a good coach adapts his scheme to fit his players"?

Now that Coach T is finally trying to adapt, you poo poo all over it because he doesn't have experience?

You must be new here

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

You guys are unbelievable. Ho many times did I read on this board "a good coach adapts his scheme to fit his players"?

Now that Coach T is finally trying to adapt, you poo poo all over it because he doesn't have experience?

You must be new here

He also shouldn't have waited until year 3 to adapt to his players because he's in desperation mode. I hope it's not too late because I'm sick of the coaching carousel and I'm sure the players are too.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

I sincerely hope that Coach T gets this offense rolling, whether it's a spread or a power run. And if he doesn't? The next guy will.

I lol'd when you said "a good coach."

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If this is true, maybe there was a rift between CWT and the last two OC's which may have caused some challenges on the offense. With CWT as HC/OC and no official OC on staff Kinnan can be an advisor to CWT while not being the leader of the O.

I know a guy on the inside. He said that there was indeed a serious rift between CWT and previous OCs. They wanted to score points and he overruled them.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

If this is true, maybe there was a rift between CWT and the last two OC's which may have caused some challenges on the offense. With CWT as HC/OC and no official OC on staff Kinnan can be an advisor to CWT while not being the leader of the O.

I know a guy on the inside. He said that there was indeed a serious rift between CWT and previous OCs. They wanted to score points and he overruled them.

Nice. I LOL'd

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't all add up. In what capacity is Taggart familiar/competent in the spread offense? At Stanford they ran the Power Run, at Western Kentucky Power Run, here Power Run. Either we're not going to a full blown spread attack or this guy is digging is own grave.

when he was playing, what type of offense did they use?

Jack Harbaugh was his coach so I'd imagine some version of a power run game, but I'm just talking out of my ____ on that. That was way before my days.

He played the spread in high school and under Jack from the article i read. It wasn't until Jim that he picked up the power run.

Taggart ran the option out of the I bone at WKU.  I'd be interested to know how Manatee was implementing the spread offense in 92-93.  He had pretty good passing numbers there.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Official: CWT calls the plays in 2015.

@USFFootball: After sharing some play-calling duties in '14, @CoachTaggart will resume all play-calling in 2015, as he did in first 4 seasons as HC

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,014
  • Days Won:  38

Official: CWT calls the plays in 2015.

@USFFootball: After sharing some play-calling duties in '14, @CoachTaggart will resume all play-calling in 2015, as he did in first 4 seasons as HC

O RLY

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63