• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

According to Kinnan - CWT will call plays

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So does this mean after two years of busts recommended by Harbaugh he's instead asking his high school coach for advice? I don't think I have ever heard of a college HC turning to his high school coach for advice. Not in NCAA DI at least.

Probably not many coaches in D1 still have their HS coach still active.  Remember, CWT is one of the youngest coaches in FBS.  

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So does this mean after two years of busts recommended by Harbaugh he's instead asking his high school coach for advice? I don't think I have ever heard of a college HC turning to his high school coach for advice. Not in NCAA DI at least.

Probably not many coaches in D1 still have their HS coach still active.  Remember, CWT is one of the youngest coaches in FBS.  

I thought he retired. Anyway, I can't imagine what the announcers are going to say about it during games next season.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Gus Malzahn has picked Kinnan's brain about the spread.  Not saying it's the best thing in the world but at least Kinnan is respected even at the college level.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought he retired. Anyway, I can't imagine what the announcers are going to say about it during games next season.

He was out this year on medical leave.  Not sure if he made it permanent, but here's the link to the first statement:

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local/bradenton-coaching-legend-joe-kinnan-to-take-year-off-for/article_202dbfd6-f992-11e3-b3e5-001a4bcf6878.html

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Can't blame the guy for wanting to control his own destiny.  We'll see if it works or not.  

This.  No problem with this.  If Willie is going to go down with the ship, I have no problem with him wanting it to be HIS ship.  If I am on the hot seat at my job, I don't want to rely on someone else's work as to whether I get fired or not.   

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I was in the band at Riverview Sarasota and we had to play Manatee. It was the most hostile environment we visited. The director was like he expected a riot. He may have been coaching at Manatee back them. The football coach at Riverview back then didn't retire too long ago. And  I just read that Jon Gruden visited him for info when he was an assistant at Pitt.

http://patch.com/florida/sarasota/sideline-wont-be-the-same-without-john-sprague

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

What is wrong with this man? He's so god **** stubborn.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't all add up. In what capacity is Taggart familiar/competent in the spread offense? At Stanford they ran the Power Run, at Western Kentucky Power Run, here Power Run. Either we're not going to a full blown spread attack or this guy is digging is own grave.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

It doesn't all add up. In what capacity is Taggart familiar/competent in the spread offense? At Stanford they ran the Power Run, at Western Kentucky Power Run, here Power Run. Either we're not going to a full blown spread attack or this guy is digging is own grave.

when he was playing, what type of offense did they use?