• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

According to Kinnan - CWT will call plays

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't all add up. In what capacity is Taggart familiar/competent in the spread offense? At Stanford they ran the Power Run, at Western Kentucky Power Run, here Power Run. Either we're not going to a full blown spread attack or this guy is digging is own grave.

when he was playing, what type of offense did they use?

Jack Harbaugh was his coach so I'd imagine some version of a power run game, but I'm just talking out of my ____ on that. That was way before my days. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It doesn't all add up. In what capacity is Taggart familiar/competent in the spread offense? At Stanford they ran the Power Run, at Western Kentucky Power Run, here Power Run. Either we're not going to a full blown spread attack or this guy is digging is own grave.

f2d2b8_0ab249c268fd4f3fafdc4aa5c570261c.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good luck Willie, hope it works!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

A few years of playing in a spread system as a High Schooler (If Manatee was a spread system) 20+ years ago makes him competent in being able to coach it and implement it at a D1 school in college? Maybe he can do it, but I'm certainly not confident.

I'm not a football coach, but I'd imagine teaching/implementing the spread offense vs. what he's run his entire coaching career has gotta be night and day different. My guess is our offense is tweaked to include a spread package here and there, but the base doesn't change after hearing he will be calling the plays again.

When I'm 20 years removed from taking business calculus I'm probably not the best person to go teach it somewhere.

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

A few years of playing in a spread system as a High Schooler (If Manatee was a spread system) 20+ years ago makes him competent in being able to coach it and implement it at a D1 school in college? Maybe he can do it, but I'm certainly not confident.

I'm not a football coach, but I'd imagine teaching/implementing the spread offense vs. what he's run his entire coaching career has gotta be night and day different. My guess is our offense is tweaked to include a spread package here and there, but the base doesn't change after hearing he will be calling the plays again.

When I'm 20 years removed from taking business calculus I'm probably not the best person to go teach it somewhere.

I guess that is why his old coach is consulting.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

when he was playing, what type of offense did they use?

Jack Harbaugh was his coach so I'd imagine some version of a power run game, but I'm just talking out of my ____ on that. That was way before my days.

He played the spread in high school and under Jack from the article i read. It wasn't until Jim that he picked up the power run.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

He wants to call plays... he wants to go down swinging alright. But go down he will.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,015
  • Days Won:  38

What a strange development and buzzkill. We are switching to a new system which he will call and he couldn't call his own system to begin with?

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

how many old pals and friends will cwt hire before all said and done

the ad shouldnt allow this too happen

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Re: running the spread. It's not like the guy hasn't seen it before.

Who knows if it will work.