• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official USF v. Ga Southern Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

They still don't know how to play with each other yet. It may take 5 more games. But that could be 5 losses.

I still like this better than Heath ball!

You will like even more once the talent gets here. The PG play will be much better next season with Peters starting. Cousins probably won't see the floor much if at all next season with Guerrero being a sophomore and the Santos coming in. Clayton is done and Zeigler is a big question mark for me. Not sure if AC will expect being a backup player or not yet.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Are we still NIT-worthy? No.

Okay. Relax and let COA build a program. The fast start fooled some on here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Why not just pull up and shoot a 3 without flopping?

Yeah that made no sense.  He's made some really deep 3's this season so I don't under stand that decision, especially with the way the refs were letting them play late.  

Same here. Happened right in front of us and were stunned he didn't pull up and try a 3. Loved the way they came back from 16 down, with defense, but that's a ton of points to come back on against most any team.

Things of note

- 50 of GSU's 68 points came from 2 redshirt seniors

- Dinero's defense continues to impress

- I like Zeigler's athleticism and emotion on the court ... just needs to reign it in at times

- COA is a blast to watch, and listen to, on the sidelines.

- Ruoco's pre-game talk included a short blurb about still working to bring in a couple more recruits for next year ... but I'm not exactly sure which "year" he was talking about considering we're full for 2015, over full with Montero. Maybe I'll ask Thursday.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

Does this team have a leader on the floor. when we made the tourney we had a leader in Ron Anderson jr but I don't see one on this team right now

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Are we still NIT-worthy? No.

Nobody is NIT NCAA, CBI, etc worthy until the end of the season ...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think there are still some parts to the offense that are still under development. Our rebounding seems pretty weak.

For a team that is supposed to be a fast paced, rim attacking team, we sure don't get to the foul line a whole lot.

One thing that has been bothering me a little the last few games has been our lack of hustle at times. We seem to lose out on a lot of loose balls because we are out hustled. Goes for rebounding too. I am wondering if all the running coach O had the guys do since he got here is starting to lead to some dead legs. Hopefully, they start to get that hustle back.

Reason we lost vs GA Southern...2-20 on 3 pointers. You aren't beating any team at any level shooting 10%.

Team is young. Still learning to play at this level and together and smarter too.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think there are two speeds for the team.

When they play fast, the seem do well. However, when they play normal speed or really slow ball, they stink; all their weaknesses seem to come out.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

My man AC let me down. He needs to find hid game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,478
  • Days Won:  13

The fact that anyone thought we would go even .500 this year is comical. I am not a fan of the COA hire, but that being said he should be given a pass this season, and next season we should be an NIT team or better if he is as god a recruiter as everyone says.

Its amazing how the people on this board think Harlan and COA are gods gift to USF, when they have done NOTHING yet.

Edited by flsportsfan83

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The fact that anyone thought we would go even .500 this year is comical. I am not a fan of the COA hire, but that being said he should be given a pass this season, and next season we should be an NIT team or better if he is as god a recruiter as everyone says.

Its amazing how the people on this board think Harlan and COA are gods gift to USF, when they have done NOTHING yet.

True, they haven't proven themselves in the W/L columns, but it's pretty clear they both bring the swagger

Compared to Stan and Doug (and Skip), who were all nice guys, but no swagger