• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm renewing my tickets for next season and here's why

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Honestly is there anyone on this board that doesn't like Harlan? The only thing I don't like about him is that he was out at UCLA while were were giving Holtz a nice contract renewal.

Keeping Taggart for 2015 will be the first strike against him.

I am with you here

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I will be renewing my tickets and donation as well.

Why? Because this is USF... I am not a season ticket holder because I am a band-wagon fan that supports winning teams.  I am a season ticket holder because I am a USF alumnus.

Yes, these years have been incredibly frustrating.

But no matter what, I support the team.  I will be there to root them on. Win or lose.

This. +1

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

1. Programs are not built overnight. Most schools do not do like auburn did and go from worst to first. You have to get a roster that will fight till the bitter end, and then get a player who will win 5hat game for you. We have two such players who I learned this season who have stepped up with the game on the line. One is named Mike white (see our games against tulsa and smu) and the other is Marlon Mack (see western Carolina and uconn).

2. A lot of you talk about the program's inability to afford a new head coach. Well, chickens must hatch to produce more chicken eggs. Without us renewing season tickets (and donating to the program for some of you), there will be no chickens to pay for a new coach.

3. We have mostly freshmen and sophomores playing. The only way they get better is by learning and playing and practicing. Agreed, wulff bombed this season. He was horrible. But ask will muschamp if a new offensive coordinator saved him this year. Forcing Mike white to have to learn from a 3rd offensive coordinator will nor help his development. You want to develop bench? Fine. But a new OC will not make him better if he has to figure out who to listen to in his final year as a quarterback.

4. Mark Harlan has played it smartly as an athletic director in his first 9 months on the job. He has gone out and sold the program hard, to the students, to the tampa bay area, and surely to the donors. If he retains taggart, he will do so knowing his plan forward. My best guess is that he will find a way to squeeze taggart out without firing him if he must to save money. Taggart has one year and I think we can say that with certainty. After that he will be fired no matter the numbers if there are no results on the field. And here's the thing. If you don't believe in Willie taggart, at least believe in mark Harlan. He's young, he's motivated, and he's driven. And if you support him, then I ask you to show your support by renewing your season tickets. By making a donation. He makes no excuses. He does not lie to you and tell you that we're doing great. He sees the harsh reality of usf athletics. But he sees opportunity, and a chance to build something for tampa. Today I ask you to stand with usf athletics. I ask you to stand with mark Harlan. I ask you to stand with that team, not knowing what 2014 held, got in the weight room and on the field for spring practice and busted their ass to get stronger. I ask you to stand with that basketball team that busted their butt in workouts and decided that they're not interested in losing. I ask you to stand with our women's basketball team, which right now carries the banner for usf in sports. Please don't give up on supporting usf. Because the day we the fans, we the alumni, we the boosters, we the green and gold say "football? I'll renew when they start winning", is the day that this program should be shut down. Because usf athletics requires every single one of us.

Join me my fellow bulls. I love all of you. I'll see you at the sun dome.

GO BULLS!

Great post!

You support your Alma mater through the good times and bad...especially the bad times b/c nobody else is going to do it for you.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Wasn't there supposedly over 100 recruits for

us there today. I wonder how many of them go somewhere else after watching the game today and the lack of fans at the stadium

100 recruits??

all programs go through down times. it's the true fans that stick it out that allow programs to rebuild.

it's the bandwagoners that jump on board after the true fans have done all the heavy lifting.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Most will renew. I think the season ticket base is as depleted as it's going to get. I'd be shocked of it was around 10,000 next fall.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly is there anyone on this board that doesn't like Harlan? The only thing I don't like about him is that he was out at UCLA while were were giving Holtz a nice contract renewal. 

There will be a lot to dislike about Harlan if he keeps Taggart for the upcoming year and then has to fire him midseason because Taggart Ball wouldn't even work at the Pop Warner level.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,950
  • Days Won:  12

He seems to get it. Two hires that are very promising and a good job of reaching out to donors and holding people accountable. Not sure what more you want from the guy in such a short time. Also some nice additions to the football schedule already as well. Marketing has been better already and the Bulls Club improvements (more communication) including the alumni tailgate have been very good so far.

With more to come.

Ricky, you like Harlan? You've been closer to the program and seen more than many of us... what do you think?

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

There will be a lot to dislike about Harlan if he keeps Taggart for the upcoming year and then has to fire him midseason because Taggart Ball wouldn't even work at the Pop Warner level.

I don't necessarily agree with you. Is it a harder style of offense? Yes very much so. But I saw plenty of opportunities on the field where we didn't hit an open receiver because of accuracy issues or just flat out drops. Players are getting open, they just aren't making the play when the chance is there. A spread will not teach receivers to catch or qbs to put the ball where it needs to be for the catch. Only coaching fixes that. Fundamentals are an issue that do land on the head of the coaching staff, but the scheme is not wholly to blame.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Wasn't there supposedly over 100 recruits for

us there today. I wonder how many of them go somewhere else after watching the game today and the lack of fans at the stadium

100 recruits??

all programs go through down times. it's the true fans that stick it out that allow programs to rebuild.

it's the bandwagoners that jump on board after the true fans have done all the heavy lifting.

The official USFFootball Twitter account said 107 recruits were in attendance. Seemed incredible then, seems worse now.

Maybe they were being humorous?...107 boys&girls club junior Bulls were there in some promotion?....