• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

1. Joey Knight@TBTimes_Bulls
  2. Scrimmage segment over. Flowers led 1st team (with backup TBs) on TD drive vs mainly 1st-team defensive guys.

Flowers taking snaps with 1st AND 2nd team, and looking darn crisp so far.

Looks like he may get the start...

That would be great to see. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm all for it

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

What have we got to lose?  Might as well start him at SMU if they really suck as bad as indicated.  And it's on the road, so we won't have that home field disadvantage!   :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

if flowers is the future, the future is now.

play him now

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am really trying to come up with a good answer why he isn't playing.  

Because putting him in to fail miserably does not help the development.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

DING! DING! DING!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

DING! DING! DING!

Because never in the entire history of college football has a true freshman been plugged into an offense and ever done average or better. I don't think Flowers will be amazing this season, but none of us know what he can do. A few plays here and there doesn't tell us a whole lot. Doesn't allow him to get into a rhythm or into the flow of the game. He's gotta be somewhat comfortable with a decent amount of plays at this point seeing as he's had the playbook in front of him since he got onto campus 4+ months ago?

If he doesn't have the option to red shirt anymore, there is no downside to me either for him to play. It will help the coaches figure out at least a little bit what they have to work with in him. If he doesn't have the option to red shirt anymore, and the coaches don't start using him more in the games or start him given our QB situation then shame on the coaching staff because that's an absolute complete waste of a year of eligibility. A few bad games will not ruin his development. If anything, it will let the coaches know or give them an idea of 1) if he has the natural ability to play QB at this level, 2) what needs to be worked on in the off-season going into next year or 3) if he does show something, they have an off-season to find some ways to utilize his legs in the playbook, etc..

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

DING! DING! DING!

Because never in the entire history of college football has a true freshman been plugged into an offense and ever done average or better. I don't think Flowers will be amazing this season, but none of us know what he can do. A few plays here and there doesn't tell us a whole lot. Doesn't allow him to get into a rhythm or into the flow of the game. He's gotta be somewhat comfortable with a decent amount of plays at this point seeing as he's had the playbook in front of him since he got onto campus 4+ months ago?

If he doesn't have the option to red shirt anymore, there is no downside to me either for him to play. It will help the coaches figure out at least a little bit what they have to work with in him. If he doesn't have the option to red shirt anymore, and the coaches don't start using him more in the games or start him given our QB situation then shame on the coaching staff because that's an absolute complete waste of a year of eligibility. A few bad games will not ruin his development. If anything, it will let the coaches know or give them an idea of 1) if he has the natural ability to play QB at this level, 2) what needs to be worked on in the off-season going into next year or 3) if he does show something, they have an off-season to find some ways to utilize his legs in the playbook, etc..

I agree with this. While I think some young players' confidence could take a serious hit and hurt them in the long run, the impression I get from seeing and speaking with Flowers a few times, is that he's a gamer. He wants to be on the field and he wants to help his team win. By starting him and giving him at least a half of playing time, the coaches will definitely get an idea of what they have, and there is no better time than against one of the worst teams in the NCAA. If he starts playing awful, put in White/Bench after halftime, but give the kid a shot... we have nothing to lose.

• Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

So far, Flowers has not shown he can throw the ball.  His passes that I've seen (albeit not many) have way too much air under them.+

......and anyone else has ?

• Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Why not bring in Flowers as a WR/QB and try a trick play where he is given the ball from white on a end of route and if a receiver is open have Flowers throw it or if all receivers are covered have him run the ball.  

Hey,quite trying to be innovative.....that;s WAY outside of the CWT offense.