• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good thing it isn't the coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

and Taggart from TBO

“Now we need to define what it takes to win. We can’t just talk about it. We’ve got to make a play when a play is needed. We need a good call when a good call is needed. We need a good decisin when a good decision is needed. That’s on me. And we’ve got to do these things for the whole game. Learning how to win is not just saying it. We’ve got to define it.’’

again from Bresnahan in the Times

"When you come out in the first series of the second half and you've got (ECU) at first-and-20 and then first-and-30 in the first drive, and then they score a touchdown, that's unacceptable," Bresnahan said.

"And I start with myself, look in the mirror and say, 'What can we do better to get our guys to come out of the locker room and play with the same intensity?' Because they played lights-out for the first half in Wisconsin, lights-out for the first half last week, then we give up a series of plays."

You guys have it out for Taggart. It's quite obvious you see only what you want to see.

LOL funny how that was left out....

That is the used car salesman approach.  Bresnahan talked about himself and the changes he needs to make.  Taggart said "that's on me", then proceeded to explain all the ways that the players were failing.  Just saying the words "that's on me" does not automatically connotate he is actually taking ownership.  I could easily accuse you of seeing what you want to see.

You realize you are confusing the statements between two different articles, right?  The one CR referenced was TBT, and the one above is TBO.  These statements in both are most likely responses to different questions, so it's not exactly like Taggart is saying one thing and then the opposite in the next breath. 

Take off the green& gold goggles.

And become a realist. USF needs to rebuild.

Or rather.. keep on the green and gold goggles... and then freak out when your expectations are ruined.

You're none too bright, or disingenuous, or both.  This isn't about green and gold goggles.  All I expect to see is progress ... which I am seeing.  That the only expectation I have, and it's being met.  Which, you know, is the whole point Bull94 and Bull Dozer have been trying to make on this thread. 

In keeping with your flair for the obvious, yes, USF needs to rebuild ... and they are. 

Maybe some green and gold goggles are what YOU need. 

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

This is not Rocket Science! Leadership is needed and it starts with the coaching staff and then to the players. By makeing statements like "we need to learn to win" or "we need to learn to be mentally tough" just gives everyone an excuse for poor performance. You get what you expect and inspect. Expect mental toughness and reward it and things will change.

I also agree that the coaching staff has let this team down with poor 2nd half adjustments especially on defence in the ECU game. It was refreshing to hear them acknowledge that and I hope they step up and lead the way. A teams mental makeup is a reflection of the coach. CWT needs to stop talking about what they don't have and start demanding what he wants. These players have all been winners at some point in their lives they need a coach who will pull it out of them.

Right now I have confidence CWT can and will get it done. However we need to start seeing real progress not only in wins but in execution at the make or break points in games.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

and Taggart from TBO

“Now we need to define what it takes to win. We can’t just talk about it. We’ve got to make a play when a play is needed. We need a good call when a good call is needed. We need a good decisin when a good decision is needed. That’s on me. And we’ve got to do these things for the whole game. Learning how to win is not just saying it. We’ve got to define it.’’

again from Bresnahan in the Times

"When you come out in the first series of the second half and you've got (ECU) at first-and-20 and then first-and-30 in the first drive, and then they score a touchdown, that's unacceptable," Bresnahan said.

"And I start with myself, look in the mirror and say, 'What can we do better to get our guys to come out of the locker room and play with the same intensity?' Because they played lights-out for the first half in Wisconsin, lights-out for the first half last week, then we give up a series of plays."

You guys have it out for Taggart. It's quite obvious you see only what you want to see.

LOL funny how that was left out....

That is the used car salesman approach.  Bresnahan talked about himself and the changes he needs to make.  Taggart said "that's on me", then proceeded to explain all the ways that the players were failing.  Just saying the words "that's on me" does not automatically connotate he is actually taking ownership.  I could easily accuse you of seeing what you want to see.

You realize you are confusing the statements between two different articles, right?  The one CR referenced was TBT, and the one above is TBO.  These statements in both are most likely responses to different questions, so it's not exactly like Taggart is saying one thing and then the opposite in the next breath. 

And this is relevant how?  Taggart pretends to take ownership on occasion but is constantly throwing his players under the bus.  The same players he keeps choosing to put on the field.  I don't care when he said what, he has said it consistently.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Or rather.. keep on the green and gold goggles... and then freak out when your expectations are ruined.

You're none too bright, or disingenuous, or both.  This isn't about green and gold goggles.  All I expect to see is progress ... which I am seeing.  That the only expectation I have, and it's being met.  Which, you know, is the whole point Bull94 and Bull Dozer have been trying to make on this thread. 

In keeping with your flair for the obvious, yes, USF needs to rebuild ... and they are. 

What progress? We have weaknesses in new areas to replace the strength in others. Our current record (thus far) is the same as last year. We may throw on two more wins for the rest of the season. MAX! 

Who have we beaten so far? 1 FBS team [and barely]?

I have seen some shoddy play calling that unravels management issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long way to go -- before I feel comfortable riding the bus. And if things DO NOT IMPROVE, I will watch you bandwagoners... slowly jump off and contradict yourselves.

What progress? We have weaknesses in new areas to replace the strength in others. Our current record (thus far) is the same as last year. We may throw on two more wins for the rest of the season. MAX! 

Two more wins is DOUBLE our total last year.

But I guess in your world, that's not progress.  Playcalling hasn't been as bad as you make it out to be, and management is definitely improved from last year. 

I've been on TBP since 2009, right after the whole Leavitt incident came down.  I was here through the whole Holtz New Error.  I've been a member of this board and watched USF football go into the gutter.

We are starting to crawl out, maybe you don't want to see it, or are incapable of seeing it, but my guess is you're nothing but a troll molded in smazza's image who's even more lightweight than he is, and you aren't to be taken seriously on any level. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Taggart has been doing this since day 1. I do like that every now and then he says something along the lines of "it starts with me", or "I want to say sorry to the fans" etc., but I think this notion of "the players need to learn to win those games and finish them" or what's holding us back "is between the player's ears" he's making himself look like a fool. That's what you're paid over a million dollars a year to do Willie. It's your job to teach them how to finish those games. He's basically saying the majority, if not all of our team is too mentally weak to finish games and I think that's garbage. So instead of saying "we need to learn", how about "We are going to teach them how to win those games" or "We will make sure they learn to win those games moving forward", etc. For every statement that he takes part of the blame there are 25 other statements where he blames the players or talks about what they need to do as if what the coaches have done up to that point is perfect. 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Two more wins is DOUBLE our total last year.

But I guess in your world, that's not progress.  Playcalling hasn't been as bad as you make it out to be, and management is definitely improved from last year. 

I've been on TBP since 2009, right after the whole Leavitt incident came down.  I was here through the whole Holtz New Error.  I've been a member of this board and watched USF football go into the gutter.

We are starting to crawl out, maybe you don't want to see it, or are incapable of seeing it, but my guess is you're nothing but a troll molded in smazza's image who's even more lightweight than he is, and you aren't to be taken seriously on any level. 

Nor is anyone else on this godforsaken board! :D

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

I think there is a good chance to make progress this year, but I wouldn't say the progress has already been made. A year ago we were sitting at 2-4, 2-0 in conference with a win over one of the top teams in the conference and 3 point road win over UConn. Now a year later we are 2-4, 1-1 in conference losing to one of the top teams in the conference and with a 3 point home win over UConn and a sloppy 5 point win at home over an FCS opponent. In the past calendar year we have only shown that we are 3 points better than UConn and can beat a bad FCS team. Yeah we have been competitive in the first half at times this year, but the same was true last year. Remember Michigan State was a 7-6 game at half and then we faded (the hallmark of this team). Michigan State went on to have a better year than Wisconsin will. We gave UCF all they wanted last year, and showed other glimmers of hope like against Houston. At the end of the day unless we are beating Cincy, Houston, Memphis, or UCF can you really say we are making progress? Beating hapless Tulsa and SMU and getting to 4 wins is more about the conference taking a giant step back than any progress we made.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Funny thing about losing, all words coming from the coach sounds like loser talk.

Funny thing about winning, all wordd from the coach makes him sound like a genius.

Take Saban, at LSU and Bama he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. At Miami he was an idiot.