• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good thing it isn't the coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Some didn't like CJL's coaching style, almost all didn't like CSH's coaching, and now some don't like CWT's coaching style.

Some may be privy to what may or may not be correct information. There are generally two sides to every story.

I don't understand how one can't see the improvement on this team from last year. I personally have said before that this team needs to learn how to win, and YES, it is a mental thing. Just because CWT didn't say it the way I would have doesn't change the fact that it IS mental, and it IS between their ears. Somebody needs to step up and make a play. You can't coach leadership and this team does not have a leader.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Take it for what it's worth (probably not much), but according to a mutual friend, one of the ECU coaches attributed USF's 2nd half issues to physical conditioning.  Hope that's not the case as that is something that should be controllable.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Last year the offense was the worst in DI.  This year the offense is in the bottom 10.  I guess that is improvement.  Oh, and we aren't penalized nearly as much.  

We might double our wins because Tulane and Tulsa were added to conference.  Yay!  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Take it for what it's worth (probably not much), but according to a mutual friend, one of the ECU coaches attributed USF's 2nd half issues to physical conditioning.  Hope that's not the case as that is something that should be controllable.

The defense looked gassed.  The offense looked more confused than tired.  Personally, I think if the offense had been able to produce a few drives in the second half as they did in the first the defense would have looked much better.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

Our defense was physically exhausted in the 4th Qtr, not mentally beaten. That punt on 4th and 3 with 10 minutes left was the cave in point of the game and then the mid field punt after ECU was up 11 felt like we was giving up and just keeping the score down. Very weak coaching in the 4th Qtr all year long.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Take off the green& gold goggles.

And become a realist. USF needs to rebuild.

Or rather.. keep on the green and gold goggles... and then freak out when your expectations are ruined.

You're none too bright, or disingenuous, or both.  This isn't about green and gold goggles.  All I expect to see is progress ... which I am seeing.  That the only expectation I have, and it's being met.  Which, you know, is the whole point Bull94 and Bull Dozer have been trying to make on this thread. 

In keeping with your flair for the obvious, yes, USF needs to rebuild ... and they are. 

Maybe some green and gold goggles are what YOU need. 

What progress? We have weaknesses in new areas to replace the strength in others. Our current record (thus far) is the same as last year. We may throw on two more wins for the rest of the season. MAX! 

Who have we beaten so far? 1 FBS team [and barely]?

Two more wins is DOUBLE our total last year.

But I guess in your world, that's not progress.  Playcalling hasn't been as bad as you make it out to be, and management is definitely improved from last year. 

I've been on TBP since 2009, right after the whole Leavitt incident came down.  I was here through the whole Holtz New Error.  I've been a member of this board and watched USF football go into the gutter.

We are starting to crawl out, maybe you don't want to see it, or are incapable of seeing it, but my guess is you're nothing but a troll molded in smazza's image who's even more lightweight than he is, and you aren't to be taken seriously on any level. 

Resorting to personal attacks?

That's ok... I may not have been a member of the TBP since last year... been stopping by to read some info since 2005 though.

but your response is a hilarious. Why so angry Ga?

I always thought of you as the rationale one..... Keep your angry rants on the MAD COW...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lol @ troll as a personal attack.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

BTW, watch the USF game against UCF last year...

Then watch the second half of any USF game this year.... and please show me the progress.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, watch the USF game against UCF last year...

Then watch the second half of any USF game this year.... and please show me the progress.

I don't think that's fair to compare. They are different seasons. Meaning that it takes time for teams to gel year to year. Towards the end of any season is (typically) when any team is playing at its best form. It's why many teams play crap teams in the beginning of the year, to tune the team. It's rare to see a team gelling in the first few weeks.